• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Greasy Kid Stuff

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
I bought a RCBS rockchucker press kit back in the 80's and still have some of the case lube. You squeeze it on a pad and roll the cases in it, a dabble inside the neck....

Now, everything you touch has got Lube on it. It still works, but is messy. I tried Hornady One Shot and it was great for pistol cases, but it did not seem to work as well on rifle cases. Anyone tried the non-aerosol Dillon Spray lube?

Someone posted this years ago, (I think it was here) works great. I use this on everything. Find a pint spray bottle follow instructions. Make sure you shake it up before each use.
  • Draw a line marked “alcohol” 4″ up from the bottom of the spray bottle.
  • Draw a line marked “lanolin” .4″ up from the alcohol line.
  • Fill the bottle with 99% isopropyl alcohol up to the alcohol line.
  • Pour lanolin into the bottle until the fluid level is at the lanolin line.
  • Gently shake/tip to mix until there’s no lanolin at the bottom of the bottle.

Someone posted this years ago, (I think it was here) works great. I use this on everything. Find a pint spray bottle follow instructions. Make sure you shake it up before each use.
  • Draw a line marked “alcohol” 4″ up from the bottom of the spray bottle.
  • Draw a line marked “lanolin” .4″ up from the alcohol line.
  • Fill the bottle with 99% isopropyl alcohol up to the alcohol line.
  • Pour lanolin into the bottle until the fluid level is at the lanolin line.
  • Gently shake/tip to mix until there’s no lanolin at the bottom of the bottle.

Thanks for that! Gonna give that a shot.

That mixtures works great, spray it on and let it sit for a couple minutes. Alcohol evaporates and lanolin stays on. Works just like one shot and a lot cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom