• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a speeding ticket in the mail. Pay it or fight it?

I’m not arguing your actions, I’m asking you to tell me which law or laws the state has broken. You keep saying it’s illegal, that means a law has been broken. What law has been broken?

23 U.S.C. 129(a)(1)(F)

Tolls on government owned and maintained roads is illegal. The Peach Pass is a toll program (https://www.peachpass.com/about-toll-violations/)

I think they don't want to risk a lawsuit, so they don't bother to pursue my response to their citation. Last notice I got was a couple years ago, but I've been using the Peach Pass lane still.

23 U.S.C. 129(a)(1)(F)

Tolls on government owned and maintained roads is illegal. The Peach Pass is a toll program (https://www.peachpass.com/about-toll-violations/)

I think they don't want to risk a lawsuit, so they don't bother to pursue my response to their citation. Last notice I got was a couple years ago, but I've been using the Peach Pass lane still.
Is this what you're using?

23 U.S.C. 129(a)(1)(F)

After reading that section of the US code I fail to see what part is illegal. That specifically covers what is allowed and what is subject to review as well as the construction using federal funds. Since the lanes were built with the assurance of federal funding your use of that section of code as proof that the lanes are illegal doesn’t really make sense. There is also nothing there stating that toll roads are only allowed to pay for roads across private property, as you stated earlier.

Apparently I committed the heinous crime of doing 46 in a 35 through the city of Snellville. They claimed that it was a school zone but the ticket also said that the incident occurred at 12:10 p.m. which shouldn't have been an active school zone. It's only $80 and the ticket says that it won't be any points on my license. However I would be willing to miss a day of work and deal with the headache of going to a court date if I had a chance of beating it. Should I pay it and move on with my life or should I fight it?
Don't pay the fine, go to court and fight it. Please have someone video your apperance and all that happens and post it here.

So many betas here that are fine with rolling over and going spread eagled for the state which makes me wonder why they bother owning guns.

It's very simple. The 5th and 6th amendment. Burden of proof is on the state. A private entity cant lien on your individual rights without consent. If the state wants to take you to court, they have to prove it was you driving. Which they cant because a private entity cant take photos of you yourself unless it owns the road itself.

If you wanna go to court just say it wasnt you and dont state anything further. Or do what some of the other smart members here have done and send a letter explaining that you dont intend on participating in this exchange since they have no proof of you driving.

In America you can't fine a car. Only the driver. And going back to the 6th amendment. Unless a STATE AGENT is the one who accosts you; theres no case.

This thread is just filled with pathetic rhetoric and is precisely why bhll**** companies are implementing these gray area measures for revenue because there will be 999 people who pay wanting to "just move on" versus the 1 who actually understands how their own countries law works.

There is no actual consequence to your registration if you ignore them UNLESS they send a certified mail from the state itself summoning you to court. The private company can put a "court date" on secondary correspondences but unless its from the city itself; its all smoke and bull****.

This is coming from a county admin btw. It literally makes me sick to my stomach reading the stances a lot of people have here. Which is funny because many of these same people act like they'd fight tooth and nail a tyrannical government one day but they won't even contest an illegal OUTSOURCED speeding ticket. Hilarity.

So many betas here that are fine with rolling over and going spread eagled for the state which makes me wonder why they bother owning guns.

It's very simple. The 5th and 6th amendment. Burden of proof is on the state. A private entity cant lien on your individual rights without consent. If the state wants to take you to court, they have to prove it was you driving. Which they cant because a private entity cant take photos of you yourself unless it owns the road itself.

If you wanna go to court just say it wasnt you and dont state anything further. Or do what some of the other smart members here have done and send a letter explaining that you dont intend on participating in this exchange since they have no proof of you driving.

In America you can't fine a car. Only the driver. And going back to the 6th amendment. Unless a STATE AGENT is the one who accosts you; theres no case.

This thread is just filled with pathetic rhetoric and is precisely why bhll**** companies are implementing these gray area measures for revenue because there will be 999 people who pay wanting to "just move on" versus the 1 who actually understands how their own countries law works.

There is no actual consequence to your registration if you ignore them UNLESS they send a certified mail from the state itself summoning you to court. The private company can put a "court date" on secondary correspondences but unless its from the city itself; its all smoke and bull****.

This is coming from a county admin btw. It literally makes me sick to my stomach reading the stances a lot of people have here. Which is funny because many of these same people act like they'd fight tooth and nail a tyrannical government one day but they won't even contest an illegal OUTSOURCED speeding ticket. Hilarity.
Perfectly said.

speedcam.jpg

The Brits are somewhat less tolerant of the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom