• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a speeding ticket in the mail. Pay it or fight it?

I agree, screw those private companies. I'd demand the private company show me their legal right to enforce laws and issue citations as if they are the police. ESPECIALLY if they are out of state. GA is notorious for implementing programs with out-of-state companies (mostly in Tennessee) that do crap like this.

Did ya'll know the "peach pass" is illegal? Taxpayer dollars paid to have those lanes put in and maintains the road conditions. But the state signed a deal with a TN private company to install/ monitor the cameras. So basically, we all pay for a road we can't use unless we pay ANOTHER fee. I've been driving in the peach pass lane for years. When I get tickets in the mail, I send them this information back and they never bother me.
What information exactly is it you send them? What law or laws are broken for this to be illegal?

The company that manages the cameras was out of Massachusetts, my camera ticket was in cobb County and apparently the company they used is in mass.
Anymore smart-ass comments?
You really think they do not have the jurisdiction thing sewn up?

GLWS

Back in "the good old days", Mayor Richard Daley would randomly send $50 parking tickets from the City of Chicago to downstate drivers, many of whom had never been in Chicago in their life. Just to raise revenue for Chicago, and the Mayor had a "mole" inside the Secretary of State's office to supply names, addresses and tag numbers.

Scams have been going on for years.

I'm sorry, you must be correct and my 1st hand experience means nothing.....

GLWS
It means nothing and you know it.

What happens next time and the many times after that?

You delayed your action , if you think you have heard the last of it, LOL !

I have seen what happens to folks that blow off collections, it is quite entertaining.

Advising someone to do the same is rather reckless.

But I am no longer shocked by anything on the interwebs.

It means nothing and you know it.

What happens next time and the many times after that?

You delayed your action , if you think you have heard the last of it, LOL !

I have seen what happens to folks that blow off collections, it is quite entertaining.

Advising someone to do the same is rather reckless.

But I am no longer shocked by anything on the interwebs.
If you truly believe that a private company has any authority in regards to these camera tickets I gotta bridge for sale

Just pay it.

I was on 85 back in the day sitting behind a transfer truck when I decided to change over to the left lane. I had to wait for a car that was speeding in the left lane to pass so I could get over. After the car passed I slowly merged into the left lane only to have to hit my breaks because the speeder in front of me slammed on theirs then I saw why. There was a LEO in the median clocking people and sure enough he pulled me over.

He says to me "I clocked the guy in front of you doing 75 and you were gaining on him so you musta been doing 85 ." He wrote me a ticket for 85 MPH on interstate 85.

I took it to court and the Judge said "It is his word against yours and I'm more inclined to believe the officer."

To add insult to injury they charged me more for the ticket.
Same thing happen to me.....
The difference was I was in Marietta just before the square. LEO pulled in behind from a side road caught up to me and said he paced me at 48mph. All in less than a 1/4 mile......I was going 35-36mph, speed limit was 35. I mean I saw him so why would have been speeding??? Went to court and the judge said it’s your word against a LEO and he has no reason to lie???.... seriously. I was 19 years old at the time.

Revenues are down. City needs the money. Posted in another thread awhile back. I’ve lived in Cobb County 30 years. I’ve NEVER saw the Cobb County Sheriff’s Department running radar . Saw them in July running radar on Barrett Parkway between Stilesboro and Dallas Hwy. They can talk all they want about “ public safety “. It’s all about revenue !

Hey, they gotta' pay for them Donuts, y'know... :)

Back
Top Bottom