• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Google Voice - what say anyone using it?

It has a very low rate of interest.
0% and tracking absolutely everything you've said and only letting you "request" that it be deleted is low? Lol.

I dislike that you cannot MAKE them delete your records, only request, and they do not have to comply. Trust me it picks up way more than just when you say the trigger word (Usually, hey google) I've had plenty of recordings that were just radio music playing and me singing along, without saying anything that remotely sounded like the trigger word.

Other than that, it's a good and easy to use service with a ton of functionality. We don't have much privacy in today's world anyhow, but something about that request to delete turns me off. IMO.

0% and tracking absolutely everything you've said and only letting you "request" that it be deleted is low? Lol.

I dislike that you cannot MAKE them delete your records, only request, and they do not have to comply. Trust me it picks up way more than just when you say the trigger word (Usually, hey google) I've had plenty of recordings that were just radio music playing and me singing along, without saying anything that remotely sounded like the trigger word.

Other than that, it's a good and easy to use service with a ton of functionality. We don't have much privacy in today's world anyhow, but something about that request to delete turns me off. IMO.
Even if they did "delete" them would you trust it???

Even if they did "delete" them would you trust it???
Probably not, but it would certainly make me feel better. We have Alexa in the house and trust me, it picks up stuff you don't want it to but I can manually go in, listen to the recordings and delete them myself. Otherwise I'll unplug them when we aren't using them or hit the mute button on the app. Makes me feel slightly better.

Probably not, but it would certainly make me feel better. We have Alexa in the house and trust me, it picks up stuff you don't want it to but I can manually go in, listen to the recordings and delete them myself. Otherwise I'll unplug them when we aren't using them or hit the mute button on the app. Makes me feel slightly better.

Um... it is connected to the net, not much stored locally... for all we know the mute button just stops it responding, not listening. And don't think delete always means something's gone, just that you don't see it anymore.

Hahahaha.....

Back
Top Bottom