• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

good trout lures for chattahoochee?

My trout catchers. My variation of parachute Adams and my red headed wood jumper
20200322_212622.jpg
20200322_203111.jpg

rooster tails, white, pink, black, whole kernel corn with a small drop shot or load the hook up so it doesn't move very fast, start at the boat ramp by the damn and just walk down the middle of the river looking for deep pockets. I use to go straight across from the boat ramp and fly fish that bank i was in probably 4.5ft of water, it wasn't easy but I caught then all morning fly fishing, used custom made flies, I'd find bird feathers and a old man would make them for me, had a bead on the top so it stay maybe half an inch under the water. I caught most right as the sun came up, they stopped biting that, i switched to a spinning reel with corn or rooster tail. Read the rules though, somewhere around the bridge you can't use live bait or something or in certain sections of the river.

i dont fish with corn. corn kills trout. they can not digest it.
you might be thinking "well if im taking them home they die anyways".
thats true but how often do you pull a trout in and the corn is still on the hook?
like hardly ever right. so the corn falls off the hook and the next trout to come by picks it up.
he is guaranteed to die too for no reason. so much for a healthy trout fishery.

Back
Top Bottom