• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good luck to all on opening day of gun season

Just got back from my walk in the woods. I saw one fluffy white tail run by a clear line of sight a few seconds before I I would have been able to shoot, better luck next time and hopefully some more time to set up a better spot.

Had a good shooter doe walk out around 6:45pm. Let her walk and shortly after there were 3 doe total in the cotton field around 65 yds away.

Sat till 9pm watching them under moonlight till they walked off and I could climb down without educating them.

Drove over to the pasture, parked, walked in with thermal cause I had a camera on a feeder sending me pics of hogs at 9:16pm. As I walked into the pasture I saw 7 deer bedded in open grass so I eased back out. Didn't want to spook them, so the hogs live to feast another day...ugh.

I'm being patient, waiting for Wally!

I've been patterning him for four years. Hoping he slips up this year.

Screenshot_20211008-234532_SPYPOINT.jpg

Editing...

Look who showed up an hour after I left lol

spypoint.jpg

Had a good shooter doe walk out around 6:45pm. Let her walk and shortly after there were 3 doe total in the cotton field around 65 yds away.

Sat till 9pm watching them under moonlight till they walked off and I could climb down without educating them.

Drove over to the pasture, parked, walked in with thermal cause I had a camera on a feeder sending me pics of hogs at 9:16pm. As I walked into the pasture I saw 7 deer bedded in open grass so I eased back out. Didn't want to spook them, so the hogs live to feast another day...ugh.

Like the pic, good luck

View attachment 3594974

Editing...

Look who showed up an hour after I left lol

View attachment 3594976

He’s got your pattern down too! Switch it up and you’ll catch him before long! Good luck to you that’s a nice one!

Back
Top Bottom