• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good knife for field dressing deer

Want to get one for son for Christmas.....any and all suggestions, and prices, welcomed.
You'll not find a better knife than a fixed blade Cutco. These are USA made and very pricey but absolutely the best knife that you can buy. They sharpen knives for free for lifetime. Go to their website and look.

Have a recommendation for a knife specifically for processing, not just field dressing?
Victorinox, Mercer, or other basic 6” boning knife will do anything you need to get it in the freezer. Just keep a decent edge on it and touch it up as you are butchering… No need for a field knife once it is home and on the cutting board.

4 years ago this month Amazon had these as a daily deal for $8.50 a piece...I bought 3 because that was the maximum you could get on the deal. Couple of weeks later someone was selling them at a gun show, I picked up 4 more for 25 bucks, total. Gave them out as stocking stuffers that year.
I think they are pretty awesome little knives.
I keep a few around. Each of my first aid kits has one in it along with all vehicles, back packs etc…
Every time I stop by TruPrep I pick up another one. Like others have said, they are great gifts too.

Back
Top Bottom