• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good for them or plain ignorance

I don't know if there is a thread about this yet but what do you guys think of these guys doing what they did?

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/chipotle-bring-guns-stores-23786860

Who?

You mean Chipotle?

IF they got some complaints or comments then I don't blame them at all. This considering the spectacle that I have seen of the group doing the carrying.

The guys doing the carrying?

While I can understand their intentions I think they should think they thru their methodology a bit more. Seems they are or were a splinter group of a larger group who doesn't agree with their method of protest.

I sometimes open carry myself. I try hard to make sure I am seen as simply a man with a gun on his side going about his normal business. When questioned I have no problem answering the questions to the best of my ability. When confronted I try my best to be cool and calm and explain the legality of my action and then leave. I consider the confrontation as them asking me to leave, and I explain that as well.

open carrying ars and aks and taking pictures while you hold said rifles in a normal restaurant is bit extreme. i would compare it to a person going into a business holding his handgun in a ready to fire position while standing in line, you have the right to do it but you probably shouldn't do it.

the new canton chipotle said they will let you open carry(after i was asked if i wanted to use a police discount as the cashier thought i was police officer, i said i wasn't though), the manager said that he did not mind open carrying a handgun

I meant the carrier's intentions but hearing you break down both sides was a better answer than I could have given. I agree completely just couldn't put it in words.

Their intention is to protest the fact that in that state one can not open carry a handgun even with a permit to carry a handgun but can open carry a long gun.

I find that absurd.

I think that some wish to show the absurdity.

Some say it is legal to conceal carry so just get the permit and do that. I don't agree and will point out that it has not always been legal to conceal carry and some people not so unlike these very guys protested and worked to get those laws changed. Had those people not protested the fact that carry of any sort was not legal would we have shall issue permits available almost nationwide? I think not.

People complained about some guy with a handgun on his side at a park recently. I have no issue with the guy being there at the park with a handgun on his side. Were I to visit that park I would also have a handgun on my side and might do so in an open carry fashion. I would however not be going around flashing everyone my handgun and saying "see, I have a handgun", as some claimed that that guy did.

Back
Top Bottom