Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravic

Army Icon
Bit odd innit
309   0
Reaction score
09A4F8FA-FD08-41D7-BE16-E468EBFE1D36.jpeg
My daughter received these little guys a few years ago as a gift from someone and she has lost interest in them just like everything she just had to have. Typical teenager. Tank and food and water pump/filters included.

I would just find a small lake and let them loose, it would suck if the next owner didn't care for them properly and they end up dying.
No, no, no.
I really enjoy drinking....soda and shooting turtles in the lake but they are horrible animals if left to breed. I have killed these things wholesale by the hundreds and can still go through a box of shells before I can drink six....sodas. They nasty too.
It has to be illegal to dump them in a lake, has to. I'm not checking, but it has to

I would just find a small lake and let them loose, it would suck if the next owner didn't care for them properly and they end up dying.

That's a terrible idea that will result in their death for sure.

Not only changes in water quality can bring on a rapid demise, they are used to a specific diet, and living in captivity for so long they are completely unaware of predators...

Never ever ever release a captive raised animal into the wild. Obviously it's bad for the animal but if they do survive they can totally wreak havoc on an ecosystem. Like Pythons in Florida or Snakehead Trout across the SE United States.

Aren't slider turtles already in the local habitat? Plus it's a reptile, they will eat anything that passes by, unlike a furry or feathered pet that are used to specific diets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom