• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gone in 60 seconds or less

Where does one get these bots? Asking for a friend.

Seriously, we should lobby the websites to use some sort of verification to stop the use of bots. I am going to send a message to every site that I can think of.

most of the time you can just google it and you'll find services that loan them out. I know folks in a lot of different markets that wish retailers would implement some sort of block against them but most of them A. Just dont care because a sell is a sell or B. dont have the tech to keep up the fight against them.

Leave it to sneaker companies that seem to have been the only ones who have actually managed to put up a decent fight against them.

most of the time you can just google it and you'll find services that loan them out. I know folks in a lot of different markets that wish retailers would implement some sort of block against them but most of them A. Just dont care because a sell is a sell or B. dont have the tech to keep up the fight against them.

Leave it to sneaker companies that seem to have been the only ones who have actually managed to put up a decent fight against them.

Is it really that hard to put a capche (spell check) thing in place before you can place an order to prevent bots buying everything?

Is it really that hard to put a capche (spell check) thing in place before you can place an order to prevent bots buying everything?

i've wondered the same thing but a ton of companies just seriously dont care at all. Also capches are also getting cracked pretty easy now.

The only retailers that have manage to fight it off at all are those where you have to buy or pick up in person.

Folks laugh at the folks waiting in line at academy before they open but the sad truth is they are only doing it because they are one of the few stores that is actually trying and thus makes you buy in store to try and prevent it from being even worse.

Where does one get these bots? Asking for a friend.

Seriously, we should lobby the websites to use some sort of verification to stop the use of bots. I am going to send a message to every site that I can think of.

Some sites have implemented Captchas. Helping marginally. Hasn’t stopped it.

Powder Valley’s mitigation plan is to remove the primers from the site... until they have them. Doesn’t do much to stop a bot that’s refreshing the “primers” page.

I get that people want primers SO BADLY, but the majority buying them up are just flipping them... this is pissing me off

I’m almost 1/2 tempted to confirm with obvious flippers here on ODT a place and time, text seller I’m 10 min away, and just eat the Negative feedback just to screw with them...
Do it to p-moon :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom