• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gold and silver advice

Ok. I have talked myself out of investing back into Silver.
I called around and found out that silver spot is say 25.00
The junk pre 65 is 30.5 or 5.50 over spot.
Bars and rounds are 6.50 over spot or 31.50.
No tax in Georgia unless 1,000 face in coins.
Federal capital gain is 15% if held 3 years. 28% if held less than 3 years.
So the spot price would have to go up $50 in order for it to be worth invest in 15000 or more. But saying three years
Silver goes to $50 oz. And Biden increases capital gains to double or tripled. Then all I have done is an exercise in fruition. I haven't made money I love tied money up. Not to mention that I have one back surgery already. So with the Outlook of the government increasing prices on taxes the future looks depressing.

Ok. I have talked myself out of investing back into Silver.
I called around and found out that silver spot is say 25.00
The junk pre 65 is 30.5 or 5.50 over spot.
Bars and rounds are 6.50 over spot or 31.50.
No tax in Georgia unless 1,000 face in coins.
Federal capital gain is 15% if held 3 years. 28% if held less than 3 years.
So the spot price would have to go up $50 in order for it to be worth invest in 15000 or more. But saying three years
Silver goes to $50 oz. And Biden increases capital gains to double or tripled. Then all I have done is an exercise in fruition. I haven't made money I love tied money up. Not to mention that I have one back surgery already. So with the Outlook of the government increasing prices on taxes the future looks depressing.

You should rethink what you just said! Be smart and not worry about capital gains tax, invest in silver if you want.

Don't buy bullion now as the price is high. Wait for it to come down before buying. Just like stocks the price will fluctuate. This time last year you could've bought silver for @$12 an oz. It's made almost $30 since then.

Don't buy bullion now as the price is high. Wait for it to come down before buying. Just like stocks the price will fluctuate. This time last year you could've bought silver for @$12 an oz. It's made almost $30 since then.
dude it hasnt slipped under $14 spot in over a decade

The low was Dec 2015 at $14, been rising since....
has it been rising or has the USD been falling?

Prap.jpg

The low was Dec 2015 at $14, been rising since....
And how much was the premium? Folks who are witing for the spot to drop will pay the same in a final price. There is not enough physical silver for all of the demand. Plus sil er mines are holding back supply, hoping for the price to go up.

And how much was the premium? Folks who are witing for the spot to drop will pay the same in a final price. There is not enough physical silver for all of the demand. Plus sil er mines are holding back supply, hoping for the price to go up.
Yep, and the only reason silver hasn't skyrocketed is because of firms like JP Morgan manipulating precious metal prices. Sure they got slapped with a fine but they just go right back to doing it.

Yep, and the only reason silver hasn't skyrocketed is because of firms like JP Morgan manipulating precious metal prices. Sure they got slapped with a fine but they just go right back to doing it.
Yep, it's been going on for decades. If everyone stood for delivery on the COMEX (Crimex) the charade would be over.

Back
Top Bottom