• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Go Karts

tylerdurden

Hen of Fame Supporter
ODT Junkie!
170   0
Reaction score
I play with go karts. Anybody else out there that does? Tell me what you got. I can take some pictures of mine, it looks pretty sweet, i painted it olive drab green and its got HUGE tires on the back.

Also...

I have a question about clutches.
I had a a 10 hp go kart. I removed the governor to increase speed. I seized the engine shortly after... oops.
Now im looking at getting a <8 hp engine. As some may know <8 hp has a 3/4 in shaft from the engine. therefor you need a 3/4 in clutch. But I dont want to buy a 3/4 inch clutch bc they are like 80$. My clutch which came from an engine > 8 hp, so my clutch is 1 inch.
Is there a piece/ adapter that will convert a 3/4 inch shaft into a 1 inch clutch?

I have a 6.5 hp go cart..... I have had to buy a few clutches over the years. I do not think I paid more than $45-55 dollars at Northern Tool. They have a row of items for the go carts....you may just call them and ask.

I used to sell industrial power transmission stuff (sprockets, chain, pulleys, etc.) and don't remember any adapters. Plus, if you had one, it would only be 1/8" thick. Not very strong. It could also move the center of your sprocket out of alignment with the chain. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. You could hold off for another 1" shaft engine.

A friend of mine races carts on dirt circle tracks. I wanted one so bad... then I found the ODT.

This would be fun...

i167.photobucket.com_albums_u140_Rodneyinga_GoKart.jpg

I raced karts for 25 years. Mostly 2 cycle engines on road courses. I ran sprint karts and enduro karts and raced at Daytona and Road Atlanta. There was a street race series in Florida that was a lot a lot of fun until insurance costs killed it. My last couple of karts were shifter karts with water cooled 125 cc motorcycle engines. The karts have no suspensions and it takes a toll on your back. I regret abusing my back in the morning when I get out of bed. The world's best kart track is in Dawsonvill.

Back
Top Bottom