• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GLWS

Is GLWS (good luck with sale) the ODT way of saying "Bless your heart. You actually think you'll sell for that much."
IIRC in discussion of do's and dont's in the rules here a GLWS by itself is frowned upon. In order for it to pass muster with the hierarchy, it seems like some other addition like, "nice - GLWS" is necessary.....

IIRC in discussion of do's and dont's in the rules here a GLWS by itself is frowned upon. In order for it to pass muster with the hierarchy, it seems like some other addition like, "nice - GLWS" is necessary.....
Found it in the rules and guidelines.....the specific phrase, "GLWS" and smileys are not allowed by themselves, they must be accompanied by a comment or question that is allowed under the rules."

Found it in the rules and guidelines.....the specific phrase, "GLWS" and smileys are not allowed by themselves, they must be accompanied by a comment or question that is allowed under the rules."
Is that to keep spamming comments down? What about bumping your own posts by just putting "bump"?

Is that to keep spamming comments down? What about bumping your own posts by just putting "bump"?
I only cited what that particular discussion about it in the rules and guidelines; I've seen it violated countless times here with no removals so your guess is as good as mine...

I conclude GLWS or Good Luck With the Sale on many posts as I mean it sincerely and not sarcastically. There are tons of trades and deals that would be of interest to me if they were within a reasonable drive. The best of deals seem to be in the North GA Mountains, South GA almost in Florida or almost in South Carolina. Your mileage may vary :D

If I have additional information or experience with a specific item listed, I try to add that information to the thread and provide a bump for the person selling.

If someone lists an item for more than I believe it is worth, then I simply continue to scroll to the next post. If the item does not sell within a few weeks, I may PM the seller to let them know I would be interested in the item at a specific price point. Some do not respond, some respond with a polite no thanks, but in some cases I have worked out a sale, purchase or trade.

Is GLWS (good luck with sale) the ODT way of saying "Bless your heart. You actually think you'll sell for that much."
Well no... but, thats what the good deal button has morphed into. Ain't paying 1k for a stock glock unless it was glock 18 registered before May 19, 1986. Then you can have my left nut.

Back
Top Bottom