• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock

The MOS system is fine just like it is. I know many people who have 10 or 20 K thru guns with no problems.
Milling slides voids warranties and your stuck with one mounting pattern. So then you would need a specialty plate to change optics.
All the smaller guns all use same optic mounting pattern anyway.
RSMC i believe its called.

The MOS system is fine just like it is. I know many people who have 10 or 20 K thru guns with no problems.
Milling slides voids warranties and your stuck with one mounting pattern. So then you would need a specialty plate to change optics.
All the smaller guns all use same optic mounting pattern anyway.
RSMC i believe its called.
Having thousands of rounds through a gun and that gun being optimal are two very different discussions.

I'm not worried about being limited to one mounting pattern. In fact, I try to be limited to one specific mrds and have the slide milled specifically for that one optic. It fits tighter. It removes play and stress on the screws, which are only there to hold the optic to the slide, not take the brunt of the recoil impulse, which further adds to the longevity of the setup.

I'm also not concerned with the warranty. Good shops know what they are doing and their work is proven. A replacement slide is not expensive either.

With the G48 MOS you can run several optics like the Swampfox Sentinel or Shield RMSc without the need for a plate, I had the slide on my 43X MOS slightly modified so the Holosun 507K V2 would work without the plate.
IMG_0868.JPG

Back
Top Bottom