• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock frame and serial number don’t match

Rando

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
149   0
Reaction score
My son and I bought 2 Glock 34 new at the same time I was going to sell mine today and noticed they didn’t match I’m hoping we mixed up frames when we were cleaning them but can’t reach him if his match his gun what can I do contact the dealer and Glock any other ideas thanks for your ideas

The frame is the serialized part that matters to the alphabet groups. Everything else carry on.

I have a CZ P10c is like to swap slides with someone that has an RMR optic ready slide so I don’t have to wait a couple weeks to get milled out. So yeah it’s all good.

I’d imagine y’all got each other’s parts tho since they’re so similar.

Glock in Smyrna (pre COVID) allowed civilian walk-in’s and one of their armorer’s would service any Glock pistol for free while you waited (about an hour).

So if their armorer discovered a frame with a recall, OR a cracked or damaged frame, then he would swap it out on the spot but you’d be given a new frame serial number (mismatched to the slide).

Also, the Glock armorer would give you the option of a matching serial number BUT it was about a 1-month wait and you’d be without that pistol and then have to make another trip back to Smyrna to pick it up, but most didn’t want to wait.

I bought a G27 at an auction and took it to them for a cleaning and inspection. They let me know it was the subject of a recall. They offered to do what you described, but the new serial number would be matched and have an “X” added to it to differentiate it, with a one month turnaround. The other option was to be given a refurbished gun. I chose the latter and was impressed that it looked brand new.

61EQ2TL3yaL._AC_UX385_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom