• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 40 MOS

Buddha7486

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
15   0
Reaction score
I just recently traded into a Glock 40 Gen 4. I was told that it had an aftermarket guide rod/spring, he ended up keeping the KKM barrel that was on it. I am looking at doing some light upgrading on the gun. I have looked at the Alpha Wolf threaded barrel and the Lone Wolf compensator, as well as the Lone Wolf guide rod/spring assembly. Anybody on here have a different setup they recommend? I am mainly using this for a deer slaying pistol. Any recommendations are welcomed.

I do not like compensators on Glocks unless it is being used in a competition where it benefits the shooter’s score. They are prone to coming loose and rotating.

The steel comps are better at staying in place, but are heavy when compared to the aluminum comps.

The Aluminum comps tend to loose their threads after being put on and taken off several times.

You can clean the lead from a steel comp much easier than an aluminum comp

1911’s work better for comps because the comp can stay on the barrel when the gun is disassembled.

I would look for an extended barrel with ports drilled after the end of the slide. This type is not as effective at recoil reduction, but they are simple.

I do not like compensators on Glocks unless it is being used in a competition where it benefits the shooter’s score. They are prone to coming loose and rotating.

The steel comps are better at staying in place, but are heavy when compared to the aluminum comps.

The Aluminum comps tend to loose their threads after being put on and taken off several times.

You can clean the lead from a steel comp much easier than an aluminum comp

1911’s work better for comps because the comp can stay on the barrel when the gun is disassembled.

I would look for an extended barrel with ports drilled after the end of the slide. This type is not as effective at recoil reduction, but they are simple.
Thanks for the info on the pros and cons of the steel vs aluminum. I believe if I do go this route, I will get the steel one. I have been looking around for a ported barrel, but apparently I traded into a hard to find parts gun. The Glock 20 should have been my main objective.

First Find the comp you want, then pick the barrel with the correct threads.

KKM Precision, Bar-Sto, and Lone Wolf are the ones that I recall making good barrels for the Glocks.

Never used a KKM, but have seen a lot of them used by happy shooters.
Lone Wolf products are usually the best deal for the money. I used them in a few Glocks.
Bar-Sto is famous for accuracy; I have a couple in 1911’s (both 40 S&W) and they are
easy to clean as well as very accurate.

Just use the standard Glock Guide Rod with your new LW barrel if you not reloading. Maybe pickup a spare if you shoot it a lot
The compensator isn't going to make it jam with the stock spring weight? I am not 100% sure, but I believe the stock weight is around 17lbs. Plus for further info on the spring that is in there, it is not a Gen 4 from what I am seeing, it is a Gen 3. It falls out easily upon removal of the slide from the frame.

Back
Top Bottom