• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 31...WOAH!

FLcracker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
125   0
Reaction score
OK, this review was simply written, because I could NOT believe somebody had not done a 31 review!? All the other models are there!

It won't detail much, because after all, a Glock is a Glock, is a Glock. We all the love the consistency and the quality. Glocks almost never fail.

When I was finally converted from 1911's and early Wonder 9's, and the Glock Gen 1 was the new "plastic Gun that could avoid airport screening", I didn't think much of them. Had all I need in 9mm's.

Fast forward a few years into the Gen3. Noticed a guy at a gun show with one and a tactical light attached. Glock may have not been the first maker to add a rail, but they were the FIRST I became aware of. Had to get me one of those.

After handling the 9's, then trying the 45's and 10mm's, I decided the small frame was better in my regular sized hands. But I wanted something hotter than 9mm. Once I discovered the .357 Sig, that was the answer for me. A hot rod round in a smaller frame. I think the .40 was taking a lot of carp in that day as being a "Short & Weak". I shied away from .40 for many years. But the .357 Sig had numbers! A 125 grain JHP flying along at 1,425 fps sounded good. 564 ft lbs of muzzle energy sounded good too. That was getting close to being .357 magnum territory. Certainly mores so than the 9mm.

So I bought one from my local retailer and still have it to this day. I love the .357 Sig cartridge! And I love my Streamlight M3X. A very handy package. and by the way, years later, after ending up with some .40 ammo SOMEHOW, I bought a Glock .40 barrel and have that as back up should I find that .357 Sig is no longer available. Same mags, same slide, no difference. In fact, I buy surplus police trades for .40 S&W magazines and have no issues at all. I think they are exactly the same as .357 marked mags. Just easier to locate.

Can't say enough good about the gun or the cartridge. Outstanding!

I have one and I agree great gun and round. I also have a conversion barrel for a 23 and 27 so I can shoot 357 sig in both of mine. You are partially correct on the mags. The older ones were the same but newer ones have a slightly different follower in them. It supports the bottle neck cartridge better but I can’t tell a difference in function except for one thing. It causes the mags to fly out when you hit the mag release when the gun is empty. I like this cause it makes the empty mag clear the gun faster. Wish wish the 357 sig had taken root better and could be found cheaper but sadly most people are going back to 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom