• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 21 suppressor issue

Thanks for your help. Calling AAC Monday was my next move.
Considering though that the original manual says it was designed to work alone Specifically with a USP and a Glock 21; hopefully they can help or use the lifetime warranty to correct it.

Your Glock barrel is not being allowed to articulate (aka unlock) properly. My guess is that by not having the barrel release from the slide, it is causing the slide to hang up some. This would not allow the gun to cycle properly all the way to the rear and cause FTE issues. I'm sure that there are more people with better explanation on here. My 92FS will work with both fixed spacer (like rifle) or with Nelson device (spring) due to the barrel not moving much.

You do have your gun well lubed and not trying to run it dry? Just another thought.

Stabbing in the dark here, but lock your slide back and then thread on the suppressor and gently let the slide forward. What you are looking for is the slide contacting the piston in the suppressor, not letting it fully lock forward. It could be contacting just enough to go into battery enough to shoot but pre-loading the recoil spring where it wont have enough ump to kick the old shell out.

That is an interesting model, never seen one of those. It is not likely to be reliable with pistols that tilt the barrel to unlock.

There is no piston in the suppressor. I found the original gun magazine article in 2002 on this suppressor. It was designed for the USP and Glock 21 to not require the addition of a piston.
I’ll call AAC on Monday to see if they have any suggestions. I also ordered a 13 and 15 lb recoil spring to lighten the slide and I’ll reduce the firing pin spring to see if that solved the issue.
I haven’t shot the new AAC barrel without the suppressor yet. I’m going to run some rounds through it tomorrow without the suppressor to check function.

This can is really light and does a great job wet on the USP.

I’m running a Ti-Rant 45 on a Glock 21 gen 4, also with an AAC barrel. When I first installed, I had to send the barrel back to AAC and they replaced as it was out of spec. I think they are produced for AAC by another company. On the first barrel I got, the chamber was way too tight. The replacement is much better, but still not as loose as the factory Glock barrel.

No issues with mine. Glock oem threaded barrel with booster installed. Ic i run it on my 1911 i install the adapter for anti tilt barrels and no issues either.

It looks like a light-weight can from the manual page posted. I wonder if they expect it to work just because it's so light compared to the pistols (USP and 21 are both kind of chunky).

They're both Browning-style actions though so I'm surprised it would be reliable...

Curious design choice during the early AAC days. They only input I have is if the barrel is on the larger side of spec while the slide is on the smaller side creating more than normal drag regardless of lube. If AAC cant help you (and they probably cant) try shooting a few hundred rounds without the can and see if it will loosen up a bit. Or just cycle the slide a billion times while watching tv one night.

I contacted AAC and they were useless. I have the original AAC Owners manual that says it’s designed for the USP and Glock 21 without any sort of adapter and they argued I was wrong. It works perfect with the USP, I wouldn’t buy an Advanced Armament product again. You can tell a lot about a company when you have an issue and how they stand behind their product; very poor customer service.

Back
Top Bottom