• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 17,23,22 drank koolaid too and....

Xcaliber

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
it taste good!!!

I recently obtained a G17 and have shot friend's G23 and G22. for the 1st time in my adult life I have a found a trigger that works really well with me. The short light trigger makes it very easy for me to actually hit what I am aiming for. other previous guns I would usually hit lower than where I am aiming because pulling the trigger moves for muzzle slightly lower for me.

I've always avoided Glocks due to the grip (just didn't think it would work for me) but upon shooting them, I realize the trigger is the 1st consideration when choosing a hand gun because I can shoot them better than any previous hand gun I've owned.

What's really odd is I seem to shoot the G22 better than any other Glock I've tried so far. My groups with the G22 are just slightly tighter than my 17. it doesn't make any sense?! but I don't want to change calibers any time soon and rather stick to the (cheaper) 9mm. so now I am looking for a G19 for the EDC. maybe I'll get a G22 too later on.

In other news, I recently shot a 1911 for the 1st time. I was surprised I can hit pretty well with it too. But I won't stray into 45acp any time soon (unless a certain 1911 goes on sale), too $ to shoot.

Last edited:
If you don't already, learn to shoot your Glock from reset.
In our classes (which are starting in 45 min.) most shooters who learn that technique improve their accuracy by 25% - 35%.
Not all guns have triggers w/ a good reset but Glocks & 1911's do.

If you don't already, learn to shoot your Glock from reset.
In our classes (which are starting in 45 min.) most shooters who learn that technique improve their accuracy by 25% - 35%.
Not all guns have triggers w/ a good reset but Glocks & 1911's do.

Amen. After my last course a week ago, Jmedic25 found out how important a reset is and is now looking for something else than that Sig.

I discovered 1911's in the past 18 months and the bullets seem to find the target themselves. I'm hooked for life,I guess this is what crack is like.

I have owned several Glocks and was issued a Glock 22 as my duty weapon for almost five years. I now have two gen 3 Glock 23's. I have a FDE and G23C both with the ghost 3.5 LBS trigger and they are great. I was a good shot with my issued G22 but that factory 5.5 trigger is nuts compared to the 3.5 now. The 3.5 makes a huge difference and I love them. I am a forever Glock fan!!!

yea im more of a 1911 guy bought a retired gsp glock from buddy other day and shot armadilla in yrd at night with it the other night realy like gun
try the glock 36 45acp just fell in love with it point-able shootablity as reliable as a Glock with the stopping power of the 45...yes its not a 1911 but thats exactly why i love it...and i love 1911s

Back
Top Bottom