• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GetUpside - Cash back gas app - nearly $25 back so far for me

Spiderman11

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
109   0
Reaction score
Maybe finance is the right place for this - maybe not - but figured I'd share an app I just recently started using since I haven't seen anything about it on here.

GetUpside

So essentially it's an app that has apparently partnered with gas stations (seems to be limited to RaceTrac and BP for now) that offers varying "cashback" per gallon offers for buying from them. I've been using it since the 13th and I'm at nearly $25.

Pretty simple with minimal personal information required, no purchases (other then gas), no credit cards, etc. Find a gas station in your area that you want to get gas from, "claim" the offer of whatever cash back it's offering, and then you have a 4 hour window to take a picture of a receipt from that station. Once it's processed, you get your cash back in your account and can cash out by gift card, PayPal, or having them mail you a check.

I was skeptical as usual and reviewed it first - and it's been checked out by Clark Howard and found to be a legitimate app.
https://clark.com/make-money/getupside-app-review/

--- I tend to drive alot and to me it's a no-brainer as I typically buy my gas at RaceTrac anyway - so, it's free money (or really a substantial savings) on gas I was going to buy anyway with money I was going to spend anyway.

There is a referral "bonus" in which you and the person who referred you get extra money per gallon for a limited time if you use a referral code - If some of y'all decide to try it out I would love for you to use mine to help save me some more money but I'm not going to beg with it posted publicly lol. Send me a PM and I'll shoot it to you. I don't think you "have" to put a code in to use it but I know that it at least gives an extra 15/c a gallon for a period of time. And, as privacy is always important, even when someone uses your code you can only see the first 3 letters of their email address to tell you how many referrals you have.

Anyway, thought I'd share - so far so good with me . . . . .

E223E04A-9B8E-48B6-A315-3EEAA6F544EB.png
F37D66DD-903C-4C3B-AB2D-602954BA6741.jpeg
3AFAC65A-2126-4E9A-89DA-A3545D651FF0.png
A04F9434-8BC2-4317-8D7A-B39A93C12DDE.jpeg

I wonder if i can use it for my company van, i wonder how it works if my company gas card pays for it
Depends on which card you're using - it says the below won't work - but it doesn't actually do anything with the card itself - and other then what is printed on the receipt there that you're taking a picture of there's no financial information that you have to give them. I do know that it does work on some fleet cards.

From GetUpside:
*Note - For gas purchases, we're so sorry, but we are unable to accept Gift cards, EBT, Fuelman, Fleetcor Fuelman, FM, EFS Fleet Card, WIC, Foodstamps, SNAP, Personal Check, HOUSE ACCT., Easy Pay, NPCD, Holtzman, FLEET ONE OTR, or Fleetwide cards as eligible forms of payment.

They couldn't stand the money back on a fleet card fuel purchase. I tried when I was running a fuel truck. 2-4k a day adds up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom