• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting the day started off RIGHT!

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
Strong coffee, little bit of milk, little bit of Brandy, 8lbs. of Boston Butt, and a 5:45am BBQ kick-off...cigar in-bound! Gonna be a good day! Hope you guys have a good day too!!!
Unknown.jpeg

What's the rub? Brined?

Looks good.
It's a spicy BBQ rub (Rib Rack) and a coat of Himalayan Salt/Garlic/Black pepper as well (we like our meat spicy)...should do very well on the pulled pork tacos.

BTW - I didn't brine it but I did inject apple juice throughout. In my experience, it doesn't add a lot of flavor but it definitely helps keep the butt juicy.

It's a spicy BBQ rub (Rib Rack) and a coat of Himalayan Salt/Garlic/Black pepper as well (we like our meat spicy)...should do very well on the pulled pork tacos.

BTW - I didn't brine it but I did inject apple juice throughout. In my experience, it doesn't add a lot of flavor but it definitely helps keep the butt juicy.

Yeh I've never injected but as far as I know it's essentially the same, just doesn't require as much time.

Once you brine/ or inject it's hard to believe you ever did it without.

Yeh I've never injected but as far as I know it's essentially the same, just doesn't require as much time.

Once you brine/ or inject it's hard to believe you ever did it without.
I just got my first pellet grill right before New Years, this thing is AWESOME! the truest example of set it and forget it, I get a message on my phone when it hits temp, I can adjust the temp from my phone, hell - I can even set the cook timer from my phone! I'm not a lazy person, but I generally don't have 12 or 15 hours to monitor a grill/smoker...this thing just makes to too easy.

Back
Top Bottom