• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting suppressor shipped to house

They said that since your stamp was sent out and you were approved that there is no need to still do a 4473 for pickup. Maybe sovietak474u sovietak474u can answer our concerns.

Not sure how that works either... I picked up a few cans from them last year and had to do the funky 4473 computer they use.

I know I've had to do a 4473 for every can I've gotten from them and any other dealers. Trust and individual.

Ok so I wanted to update the thread in case anyone in still interested in how the process works or is currently waiting.

My Form 4 was just approved today. I received an email from CA stating that they still dont have the electronic 4473 up so I have to do everything via mail (paper). I have to fill out the 4473, a non-over-the-counter affidavit and a copy of my state issued ID to Capitol Armory. Once they look over everything they will notify my CLEO and wait 7 days. Once that waiting period is up they can ship my suppressor.

I'm not sure if the 7 day waiting time was fully explained. Its my understanding that the CLEO just has to be notified, not that they have to be notified and given time to act if theres an issue but whatever.

I still think this is a good option for those that dont live close to a Class 3 dealer, can't find one to do class 3 transfers or if you just dont have the time to be going to the dealer for whatever reason and you have a little more time and patience to do just everything from your home.

Back
Top Bottom