• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting started in duck hunting

I’m in Ball Ground, haven’t hunted a season yet but I have a canoe, decoys and time this season. If y’all want to get a group of newbies together, we can hit allatoona and pool our resources.
I’m down with that. I got a jon boat with mud motor if we need that.

That would be awesome man. I appreciate that. I’m gonna see if I can find me a deal on some decoys somewhere.

If you do decide you like the duck hunting don’t buy a bunch of decoys now, just a few. Start watching the Facebook, eBay and similar sites in the spring and summer and you can load up on lots of decoys. I do a lot of duck and goose hunting here in Oklahoma and one summer I bought 300 Canadian shells and 10 dozen lucky duck mallards for about 1/5 of what they would’ve cost me new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you do decide you like the duck hunting don’t buy a bunch of decoys now, just a few. Start watching the Facebook, eBay and similar sites in the spring and summer and you can load up on lots of decoys. I do a lot of duck and goose hunting here in Oklahoma and one summer I bought 300 Canadian shells and 10 dozen lucky duck mallards for about 1/5 of what they would’ve cost me new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice!

That is a secret sir. Lol there is a lake on the east valley side of the property
1639779296141.png

:pound: :pound::pound:

Back
Top Bottom