• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia's Firearm Permit Reciprocity list for those that travel

I think the argument was, that the law says you must inform if you have a Weapons permit issued to you by SLED.

The lawyers were arguing that if it went down to the actual verbiage, a person from another state does not have a permit issued by SLED.

In the real world, I'm sure your right. That is what they intended. Anybody that carries on their person, and is stopped by an officer, must inform. It was a lot of legal talk between lawyers who were looking for loopholes and issues with the law.

The core of the issue for a GA resident to inform comes down to legal semantics that will need to be resolved in court.....after arrest.

You are exactly correct. I hope it's not me or you or any of our buddies who get to try that issue. Because I'm sure i know who will come out on the winning side.

I wouldn't want it to be me......

The core of this thread is not mentioned. So here goes. What is happening in Hardeeville is wrong and I don`t like it. However, the thread begins by saying the PD is committing this act after a traffic stop. Don`t break the law. Don`t get stopped. I get tired of the threads where the guy is speeding, texting, running a stop sign, etc, gets stopped, then puts a rant on here. All the cops` fault. Bad,bad po-lice. It ain`t ok to break the law.

The core of this thread is not mentioned. So here goes. What is happening in Hardeeville is wrong and I don`t like it. However, the thread begins by saying the PD is committing this act after a traffic stop. Don`t break the law. Don`t get stopped. I get tired of the threads where the guy is speeding, texting, running a stop sign, etc, gets stopped, then puts a rant on here. All the cops` fault. Bad,bad po-lice. It ain`t ok to break the law.

And you should do a full vehicle inspection before moving your vehicle, just in case a tag light blew.:thumb:

WTF?
Tag Light?
Ok so while the LEO is driving at night with his headlights off hinders him from reading your license plate due to your tag light being out.

There is no possible way to avoid a "fishing" expedition by LE.
They can come up with more excuses/lies than Carter has liver pills.
Personally I hate liars, regardless of their occupation.

But Back the Blue don't do anything about these asshole Rambo cops that violate the Constitution that they swore to uphold.:shocked:

It's too bad that cops aren't held as accountable as our military personnel. :pop2:

Nope, no stickers on my vehicles.

You get stopped for something mundane like a broken taillight. Inform the officer, as required by law, that there's a firearm. That is actually where your legal obligation ends, there's no requirement to tell them where. In this instance, I informed him that it was in a bag in the rear of my SUV, just as a courtesy. Then, he asked me to remove the weapon unload it and surrender it to him so he could run the serial to make sure it wasn't stolen. I politely informed him that I would be unable to comply absent a warrant or probable cause of having committed an arrestable offense.
He then chuckled and said, roughly, 'oh yes you can, it's an officer safety issue' and opened the door to my vehicle and removed the bag, searched the entire bag, poorly, and ran the serial.
I got the body and dash cam footage via FOIA.
I showed it to a family member who used to practice criminal law. They giggled and said that search would be a defense attorney wet dream if I'd been arrested for something .

Say it ain't so. The Po Po lying to intimidate then violate Joe Citizens Constitutional rights.

I had a tail light out, cool your tits.

And you should do a full vehicle inspection before moving your vehicle, just in case a tag light blew.:thumb:

WTF?
Tag Light?
Ok so while the LEO is driving at night with his headlights off hinders him from reading your license plate due to your tag light being out.

There is no possible way to avoid a "fishing" expedition by LE.
They can come up with more excuses/lies than Carter has liver pills.
Personally I hate liars, regardless of their occupation.

But Back the Blue don't do anything about these asshole Rambo cops that violate the Constitution that they swore to uphold.:shocked:

It's too bad that cops aren't held as accountable as our military personnel. :pop2:
Cops don't find themselves with a military level of accountability because law enforcement is, generally, local....they're all friends and neighbors.

Big Army is a cold, uncaring bitch who will rape you into anal prolapse just for ****s and giggles...

I wonder why I keep getting pulled over.....

3863B148-4A0B-4383-AB3A-C90E165078D2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom