• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia to Become the First State to Felonize Citizen's Arrest

Bull****! I damn sure will hold someone at gunpoint if they try to rob me.
They have telegraphed that they will take you to prison, revoke your rights as a citizen including the right to keep and bear arms if you do.

Think about it. Why risk 10 years in prison for stopping a robber.

Just pop them. They didn't make it illegal to defend yourself. Besides that. Ventilating a perp is more punishment than our criminal justice system will ever hand out.

what are they going to get? Community service?

I love how law makers push these laws because they will never ever have to deal with these t ypes of circumstances in their own personal life

She says she does not know a DA that would charge under that limited circumstance. She says that if one were to torture the detainee or other wise unnecessarily assault, that charges may be pursued. She also says even as the law now reads she could charge one for a multitude of offenses depending on the circumstances. She said she charged a guy and got a conviction for false imprisonment after he held some forks in a store that was in the process of being robbed because he wasn't sure who else was involved with the robbery so he held everyone until the cops arrived.

she says if I got time for all this that her car really needs to be washed and can I please go wash it instead of playing on the phone. Geez thanks a lot.
Have her watch this. FF to time: 2:15:00

A majority of ODT and hundreds of other gun forums know whats going on and yet nothing is happening. Thats the problem.
Many ODTers and pro 2A people in general tend to be older, obese, low energy and unmotivated. However, in contrast, anti 2A leftists literally believe they are saving the world from a Nazi resurgence. They are highly motivated, energetic, young and healthy. When an alert goes out about an impending anti gun or general anti freedom bill how many gun forum people call, email or write their representatives? Maybe a few dozen? Now ask yourself, how many people from BLM, Moms Demand Action, NAACP and ADL contact and pressure their representatives to pass anti 1A and 2A bills? I would wager that it's several thousand. Who are the reps going to pay attention to no matter how heinous the agenda or the proposed legislation?

The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. —W.B. Yeats

I doubt Georgia is the first state.....this kind of activity would probably get you in trouble in liberal states like NY, IL, CA, WA, OR, MI, MA, CT etc.

I am not trying to be rude, but you are wrong even if "pretty sure." The bill's author admitted at the Judiciary Committee hearing that Georgia will be the only state in the nation with no way to detain a criminal until the police arrive.

Back
Top Bottom