• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia to Become the First State to Felonize Citizen's Arrest

Soooo a criminal breaks into your home, you catch them, but can't hold them, or else you are a felon?

BTW, this law also enables police officers to make arrests outside their jurisdictions.
Why would you “catch” them? I’m pretty sure if someone comes in my house in the middle of the night, one us will die. Just sayin.

Screenshot_20210320-085607.png
You guys should read line items 88 through 95 it excludes most of the scenarios you guys talk about. Such as someone breaking into your home , committing a forcible felony etc. You would still be able to detain someone under those circumstances.
You could not have ever pursue someone and detain them that was fleeing from a crime. Such as stealing your neighbor's car. Or robbing a convenience store. That's the point which if you want to get involved you write down tag numbers, call 911, follow the suspects but you don't try to arrest them yourself, you're not law enforcement officers. If you wish to be a law enforcement officer you should apply with your local agencies. I know Aubrey wasn't a good guy, I know they suspected him of possibly burglary. But they didn't have any direct knowledge or evidence that he had burglarized any houses and they really didn't have any business detaining him. If you have a suspicious person in your neighborhood that's a good time to call law enforcement and make a report. Whether or not these two guys get convicted it ruin their lives and their finances. It would have been a lot simpler to call 911 and just report the guy.

View attachment 3176300 You guys should read line items 88 through 95 it excludes most of the scenarios you guys talk about. Such as someone breaking into your home , committing a forcible felony etc. You would still be able to detain someone under those circumstances.
You could not have ever pursue someone and detain them that was fleeing from a crime. Such as stealing your neighbor's car. Or robbing a convenience store. That's the point which if you want to get involved you write down tag numbers, call 911, follow the suspects but you don't try to arrest them yourself, you're not law enforcement officers. If you wish to be a law enforcement officer you should apply with your local agencies. I know Aubrey wasn't a good guy, I know they suspected him of possibly burglary. But they didn't have any direct knowledge or evidence that he had burglarized any houses and they really didn't have any business detaining him. If you have a suspicious person in your neighborhood that's a good time to call law enforcement and make a report. Whether or not these two guys get convicted it ruin their lives and their finances. It would have been a lot simpler to call 911 and just report the guy.
This is a very sad post that basically worships law enforcement and centralized government authority. I'm surprised you aren't here advocating that people just dial 911 and instead of taking deadly force into their own hands. You know, leave it to the professionals who are trained and know how to handle the criminal situations that us mere citizens could not possible be able to handle under the stress of a violent criminal encounter.

Hi Burt!

iu

My son works at a place that trains protection dogs. I never thought I'd use the friends and family discount but unless the bill has the word "Malinois" in it, I guess I'm getting one!

"Officer, I did not detain the suspect - my dog Lucifer just wanted to snuggle with him."

View attachment 3176300 You guys should read line items 88 through 95 it excludes most of the scenarios you guys talk about. Such as someone breaking into your home , committing a forcible felony etc. You would still be able to detain someone under those circumstances.
The DA even stated the citizen's arrest had no grounds and referred it to a grand jury.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

As to the case at hand: It is my professional belief the autopsy confirms what we had already
viewed as shown in the video tape, with the photographs & from the witness statements taken
immediately at the scene. The autopsy supports the initial opinion we gave you on February
24th , 2020 at the briefing room in the Glynn County Police Department after reviewing the
evidence you had at that time. We do not see grounds for an arrest of any of the three parties.

Back
Top Bottom