• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia to Become the First State to Felonize Citizen's Arrest

The Georgia General Assembly seek to felonize citizen's arrests with the hope it will prevent an embarrassing repeat of the Ahmaud Arbery killing.
\

Three rednecks ambush and murder an unarmed jogger......yeah I am thinking they should felonize a citizen's arrest and not because they are f n embarrassed but because it is the right thing to do.

The scenario this bill changes is when the criminal is fleeing the scene of the crime. So he just finished raping your wife and proudly heads down your driveway to the sidewalk where witnesses see you tackle and beat him. I assure you, you will be going to prison for many years after this is enacted.

I fear the last thing I would be worried about is what would possibly put me in jail at that point....

\

Three rednecks ambush and murder an unarmed jogger......yeah I am thinking they should felonize a citizen's arrest and not because they are f n embarrassed but because it is the right thing to do.

Keep living in your fantasy world. You know he wasn't 'jogging'. Dude rushed an armed individual and tried to wrestle the gun from him. It's in crystal clear video for anyone who cares to see. Should those guys have been attempting a citizen's arrest, probably not. The right thing to do would have been to stand there and wait for the cops if he was innocent. Also be sure to look for videos of Arbery's previous encounters with police to see the kind of great guy he was. The father/son are going to walk(from the murder charge at least).

Since this started OUTSIDE our place I guess under this new law my roommate and I would both be looking at prison time for this.? Tell me this STATE is not going to hell in a hand bag? So now with this new law if this happens again there will be a lot of folks being the only ones testifying i'm guessing. lol "paper towels and a mop needed by the front door please.

I fixed it for ya.

Police rarely arrest someone at first contact because they cannot un-arrest them. They detain the suspect. What is the civilian version of detaining someone that just committed a crime? What if they are robbing your house or business, must we watch them run away with our property until the police arrive at some time later?

So, not counting the OP who created this thread, and not counting myself, here's the breakdown on how the gun nuts on The ODT have responded to this imminent threat to our rights, our privileges, and the public safety of all Georgians:

10 posts are in the "I'll lie / fabricate evidence to get away with the new felony crimes I'll intentionally commit after this new law passes" category.

8 posts are basically "F**k the law, I'll do what I want anyway."

6 posts suggest that the poster views this new bill as a bad thing, but the poster does not state any plan of action to try to prevent the bill from being enacted into law.

6 posts are in the "Tacos-- who cares?" category.

7 posts do not clearly communicate any opinion about the new bill and the prospect of repealing citizens' arrests in Georgia, and making felons out of those citizens who would attempt to do such a thing to a criminal they saw complete the crime, red-handed.

1 post favors the bill and the poster looks forward to repealing the power of citizens' arrests.

0 (zero, none, zilch, nada) posts indicate that the poster thinks the bill is bad public policy AND that the poster will do something to try to stop it from being enacted into law.

You people will get the level of intrusive, rights-stealing, government that you deserve, for your negligence in not doing something productive to stop bad laws from passing. Its easier to sit on your asses and type your rants online to a bunch of like-minded people so they can give you some "attaboys" and "hell, yeah" to stroke your ego.
Yeah, keep doing that. See how it works out for you.

You people will get the level of intrusive, rights-stealing, government that you deserve, for your negligence in not doing something productive to stop bad laws from passing. Its easier to sit on your asses and type your rants online to a bunch of like-minded people so they can give you some "attaboys" and "hell, yeah" to stroke your ego.
Yeah, keep doing that. See how it works out for you.

Are you organizing a march (or better yet, peaceful protests)?

Back
Top Bottom