• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

Came across. this tread today and coincidently also picked up a Honda e2200 this morning, these little suckers have been hard to find. I usually don't lose power where I am even in the worst weather, last snow event we lost power for a few days but the neighbor came to the rescue and let me plug in my freezer....Neighbor just moved and I don't want to lose a bunch of food if this weekend goes sideways...

I've had a generator for @25yrs. Never really needed it, but have used it for camping and such. Currently it doesn't run. I've tried to get it going and have worked on it along the way to keep it running, but not running now. If things did get bad, it'll be the worst my wife and I have dealt with in our adult lives. Haven't had this since the 73 ice storm. He were out of power for 2 weeks. I've been working on alternate plans though. Just stinks I haven't got the generator running. The longest we've been out of power in the last 34yrs is 16hrs. due to a tornado. I don't expect problems with the impending storm, but always have a backup plan

Back
Top Bottom