• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Honda generator thread from not even two weeks ago, Thought we could have a Generator Thread to talk about different types of portable and non-portable generators that provide power to you home, trailer, cabin, campsite, et al. What types of Back up power do you like to run? If you have solar - Feel free to chime in.

I have on my 2020 CHRISTmas list :

Generac GP2200I portable generator.

shopping

7k cheap'o harbor freight so far has taken us through several storms and is chugging along great
Crazy easy to start
can run fridge mircowave coffee pot internet box tv even a portable AC unit if needed
it is Nice to have
I would say a el' crap'o genny if it runs is better than a top of the line name brand that doesnt run
PM in a must , watch the gas and oil and run it every year even if you dont need it

7k cheap'o harbor freight so far has taken us through several storms and is chugging along great
Crazy easy to start
can run fridge mircowave coffee pot internet box tv even a portable AC unit if needed
it is Nice to have
I would say a el' crap'o genny if it runs is better than a top of the line name brand that doesnt run
PM in a must , watch the gas and oil and run it every year even if you dont need it

I have a Generac 10KW that I hook into my main panel that can run the house normal (with minimal load shedding) and a Generac 5500KW as a back up to the back up. Both work really well.

I have a 7k running watts that I have yet to install a panel for. Have you all just hired an electrician and what has it cost?

I have a 7k running watts that I have yet to install a panel for. Have you all just hired an electrician and what has it cost?
I paid about $300 to have an electrician install a generator switch to my main panel, add a 220 outlet on the exterior and cut me about 30 ft heavy duty cord with double male connectors. See pics above.

Back
Top Bottom