• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

I have a 4kw Champion that runs on gasoline, I am getting to a point where I can't run all the extension cords, every time the power goes out...I have been looking for someone that can install a electrical box just for the genny..As I know very little about electrical wiring..Just would be nice to plug the genny into the box for powering just what I need and not the whole house..I can't afford a full house genny now..I should have had one installed years ago..Our power goes out several times a year, up to 5 days without power..

I picked up a Firman hybrid last year, it may be worth noting that while it starts at 10000 watts it runs at 8000. Thats on gas, propane starts at 9050 and runs at 7250. Cant argue with what I paid, trailer load at Rebel auctions got down to $400 and they stopped the auction and refused to sell any cheaper. So $400 and in the barn it went.

I have a 4kw Champion that runs on gasoline, I am getting to a point where I can't run all the extension cords, every time the power goes out...I have been looking for someone that can install a electrical box just for the genny..As I know very little about electrical wiring..Just would be nice to plug the genny into the box for powering just what I need and not the whole house..I can't afford a full house genny now..I should have had one installed years ago..Our power goes out several times a year, up to 5 days without power..
Look for my setup on page one. It’s what you’re looking for…cost a couple hundred bucks for the electrician to run a 220 out of my panel and he cut me a heavy duty 220 extension cord with double male connectors. So I just pull my generator outta the shed a few feet from the panel then hook it all up, just the one cord.

Back
Top Bottom