• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

I waited until the last minute, & picked one up in store today. Thing is heavy! Planning on running off of LP cylinders, but I like the idea of plumbing it in for NG too.

Today is the last day of the sale, which I think they only run once a year. Stores have closed, but still available online for $799 delivered, for any other procrastinators like myself.

https://www.costco.com/firman-7500w-running--9400w-peak-tri-fuel-generator.product.100648883.html
View attachment 3373210

What size propane tank do you plan to use?

Depending on your electrical load, it could go through a 20 lb tank in just a few hours.

I have thought about getting a couple of the 100 lb tanks as a backup just in case.

What size propane tank do you plan to use?

Depending on your electrical load, it could go through a 20 lb tank in just a few hours.

I have thought about getting a couple of the 100 lb tanks as a backup just in case.

I have a few 20# tanks, and hadn't considered larger tanks. You have me thinking though, and I'm going to have to look into the 100#.

I have a few 20# tanks, and hadn't considered larger tanks. You have me thinking though, and I'm going to have to look into the 100#.

This is their spec on propane consumption:

No Load 15.6 ft3/hr Half Load 31 ft3/h Full Load 50.8 ft3/hr

36.39 cubic feet = 1 gallon

4.24 lbs = 1 gallon

4.24 lbs = 36.39 cubic feet

So one Full 20 pound tank has about 172 cubic feet of propane - It sounds like most trade-in tanks short you less than 20 pounds.

At No load, just idling, the tank will last about 11 hours. At 50% load it will last about 5 and a half hours. At full load it will last a little over 3 hours.

Definitely something to take into consideration.

I had a natural gas line with quick disconnect installed 2 days ago.

Afterwards, I connected it to the NG hookup and ran it for the first time.

It ran fine.

Starting it was a little harder than I had hoped-for. Maybe the new section of about 40 feet of pipe still has some air in it. Hopefully that was it.

I am psyched about not having to deal with gasoline and it getting old.

Did you change any orifices? They come set up for LP, the Nat Gas may require a different orifice.

Did you change any orifices? They come set up for LP, the Nat Gas may require a different orifice.

I thought you were talking about the NG service to my house. The Firman T07571 generator is a tri-fuel generator. You just select the fuel type with selector switches. No need to change out jets or orifices.

Back
Top Bottom