• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

How much NG will that consume per day/hour? I have a friend that had a house with an integrated Generac that used $500 worth of NG across a 3 day power outage.
Holy crap!!! Mine uses about 5 gallons of gasoline in a 24 hour period so, $15 for today’s price of no ethanol. Glad I have don’t have NG.

Holy crap!!! Mine uses about 5 gallons of gasoline in a 24 hour period so, $15 for today’s price of no ethanol. Glad I have don’t have NG.
Increase the Longevity of your fuel using Stay-Bil and Sea foam...I this year used fuel that was 5 years old without a hiccup...

Got a gasoline powered 3500 watt Generac that powers everything I need if power fails in winter. Not enough to carry the A/C.
Connected through a 6 circuit manual transfer panel.
The generator has an idle feature that allows it to throttle down if no load, so that saves fuel.
I have had it 20 years, with the only problem being I once let it sit too long and the gasoline went bad and gummed up the tank and carburetor.
That being said, Jackson Electric is so good about keeping their lines clear, and quickly restoring service, that other than periodic test runs, it only has 60+ hours of in-service run time.

Anyway, I’m getting too old to eff with it, so when it dies or I can’t manhandle it anymore I plan to replace it with a whole house sized hard wired auto-start Generac natural gas powered unit and automated transfer panel.
(How’s that for a run-on sentence?)

Got a gasoline powered 3500 watt Generac that powers everything I need if power fails in winter. Not enough to carry the A/C.
Connected through a 6 circuit manual transfer panel.
The generator has an idle feature that allows it to throttle down if no load, so that saves fuel.
I have had it 20 years, with the only problem being I once let it sit too long and the gasoline went bad and gummed up the tank and carburetor.
That being said, Jackson Electric is so good about keeping their lines clear, and quickly restoring service, that other than periodic test runs, it only has 60+ hours of in-service run time.

Anyway, I’m getting too old to eff with it, so when it dies or I can’t manhandle it anymore I plan to replace it with a whole house sized hard wired auto-start Generac natural gas powered unit and automated transfer panel.
(How’s that for a run-on sentence?)
I am to as far as to old to F with it..Buttt suggestion to all that use Genny's...Always and I mean always turn the fuel off and let it run out of gas first..Doing this will solve the problem of gumming up a Carb...

I am to as far as to old to F with it..Buttt suggestion to all that use Genny's...Always and I mean always turn the fuel off and let it run out of gas first..Doing this will solve the problem of gumming up a Carb...
^^^ Yes!! ^^^
I found this out the hard way.

Learned that with the bike...the hard way...

I enjoyed the Honda generator thread from not even two weeks ago, Thought we could have a Generator Thread to talk about different types of portable and non-portable generators that provide power to you home, trailer, cabin, campsite, et al. What types of Back up power do you like to run? If you have solar - Feel free to chime in.

I have on my 2020 CHRISTmas list :

Generac GP2200I portable generator.

shopping
These are awesome, they produce cleaner power that won't damage sensitive electronics. I really need to get one to supplement the older 3300w version I have now.

I'm thinking of having a whole house propane generator installed. ( which means I'm going to need a tank as well) Just how noisy are propane powered generators and are they reliable?

I'm thinking of having a whole house propane generator installed. ( which means I'm going to need a tank as well) Just how noisy are propane powered generators and are they reliable?
I as well but I want Duel fuel, will need the genny, The electrics installed for auto turn on and Fuel tank...Also thinking about converting from Electric stove and oven to gas..I am damn sick and tired of dealing with Amacolola Electric....

Back
Top Bottom