• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

What a bunch of bananas.

I’m still laughing at 10thmountain 10thmountain , but only because rather than connect the 50’ extension cord to the 100’ extension cord and have to wrap them both up when I was done.

I took the 12’ cord and the generator to the street to trim the bushes.
And I’d do it again! :becky:

I love that you did that, so much fun.

Figured I’d post this to add to the topic. What kind of extension cords/ sizes does everyone run? This seems to be a commonly overlooked area in generators. Personally, I have a 50’ 12 gauge set aside to run my fridge/ freezer combo inside.

Figured I’d post this to add to the topic. What kind of extension cords/ sizes does everyone run? This seems to be a commonly overlooked area in generators. Personally, I have a 50’ 12 gauge set aside to run my fridge/ freezer combo inside.

I went for a 10 Gauge wire extension cord for 50 feet to keep the voltage drop to an acceptable level. My main purpose for the generator would be for two refrigerators.

It’s funny now that I have a generator and a solar generator- the power doesn’t even seem to flicker.... ( I know hurricane season is around the corner)
My life experience has been that the best way to keep something from happening, is to be prepared for it to happen.

Back
Top Bottom