• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

What a bunch of bananas.

I’m still laughing at 10thmountain 10thmountain , but only because rather than connect the 50’ extension cord to the 100’ extension cord and have to wrap them both up when I was done.

I took the 12’ cord and the generator to the street to trim the bushes.
And I’d do it again! :becky:

9 years, I had the same gas with stabil in my generator for 9 years and it wasn't a problem.
I'd start it twice a year and it would crank right up.
I'd always turn the fuel petcock off, so it would run out of fuel and empty the carb.

On that 9th year I emptied the tank and used it that summer in the mower.
I've done that 9 years twice now.

I'm on year 3 on this next tank of gas.
I have had no problem keeping gas long term as long as it has that Stabil stuff in it.
Just FYI

I have the Champion 4KW for 5 years now, I have just refilled 40 gallons and treated with Stabil before filling each..And I also turn the fuel off and let it run out of gas...I keep the genny on a battery tender in between usage. I need to hire someone on here to put a box in for me, so I don't have to run all these extension cords. All I want to do is go down, pull the genny out, start it and plug the 30 amp cord in...Y'all let me know if someone on her can do this...I have no problem paying, just to many other things on my list right now..

I have the Champion 4KW for 5 years now, I have just refilled 40 gallons and treated with Stabil before filling each..And I also turn the fuel off and let it run out of gas...I keep the genny on a battery tender in between usage. I need to hire someone on here to put a box in for me, so I don't have to run all these extension cords. All I want to do is go down, pull the genny out, start it and plug the 30 amp cord in...Y'all let me know if someone on her can do this...I have no problem paying, just to many other things on my list right now..

Certainly there’s someone here that has the smarts to help you out.

Good luck DD, I know that must suck to do.

Can somebody hook up something like this for DD?
A27F1C2E-7EEF-4138-B241-D751A6E432F9.jpeg

Certainly there’s someone here that has the smarts to help you out.

Good luck DD, I know that must suck to do.
Thanks Bill I wish I could, but those days are over...I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for supplies and labor...I would just feel more comfortable with someone on here, that I can trust to do the proper instillation.

Thanks Bill I wish I could, but those days are over...I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for supplies and labor...I would just feel more comfortable with someone on here, that I can trust to do the proper instillation.

There has to be someone and close. We have so much smarts here.
Maybe place a help wanted ad for an electrician?
At least that way it won’t be buried so much.....

There has to be someone and close. We have so much smarts here.
Maybe place a help wanted ad for an electrician?
At least that way it won’t be buried so much.....
Good suggestion I was hoping someone would see this..If not hopefully tomorrow I will do just that! May you and your family Stay safe and Healthy Brother!

Back
Top Bottom