• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

For an extended outage, fuel IS THE BIG DEAL. Generators are great for short outages or even a couple of weeks if you have a large propane tank. But eventually the fuel is gone even if you load shed and run only essential loads a few hours every day. That is why for an extended grid-down scenario nothing comes close to a well designed, installed, and maintained solar system.
I agree on the solar.

Electrical tip for the day.

131382428_3857418147654210_1883392939002687647_o.jpg

Range report?

Ran great. Powered the whole house, even the 5500 watt water heater while my wife was washing dishes. Thinking I want to swap out to a natural gas water heater and stove. May just step the heating elements in the water heater down to 4500 watt elements for now. With just the two of us now, and with us working different schedules we never take back to back showers so I doubt we would ever notice, even if we stepped down to 3500 watt elements

Off subject a little bit. Kerosene lamps. The table lamps aren't too bad. Just be sure to get the ones that are bottom heavy. Start about $45. The ones that have tubes from tank to top on each side leak if they are cheepies.

Back
Top Bottom