• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GCO Sues Corps of Engineers Over Right to Carry On Corps Property

COL Sebastien P. Joly
District Commander
PO Box 2288
Mobile, Al 36628-0001

Hello, I am requesting to be granted written permission to carry a loaded concealed firearm on COE property. I spend considerable time at Lake Lanier both, on the water and walking in the woods. I have researched the matter, and have found that I may be granted permission per 36 C.F.R., section 327.13(a)(4).

I have attached a copy of my GWCL which I have maintained in good standing for over 10 years. I have also included a copy of my driver’s license indicating my current address.

I appreciate your consideration and attention to this matter. Thank you in advance.
Did this work?

Yep.
JPG1.JPG
JPG2.JPG

COL Sebastien P. Joly
District Commander
PO Box 2288
Mobile, Al 36628-0001

Hello, I am requesting to be granted written permission to carry a loaded concealed firearm on COE property. I spend considerable time at Lake Lanier both, on the water and walking in the woods. I have researched the matter, and have found that I may be granted permission per 36 C.F.R., section 327.13(a)(4).

I have attached a copy of my GWCL which I have maintained in good standing for over 10 years. I have also included a copy of my driver’s license indicating my current address.

I appreciate your consideration and attention to this matter. Thank you in advance.
Thanks

COL Sebastien P. Joly
District Commander
PO Box 2288
Mobile, Al 36628-0001

So sad. Having to request permission to exercise the second amendment on tax payer land. Not saying you're sad, just the fact that this is necessary.

So sad. Having to request permission to exercise the second amendment on tax payer land. Not saying you're sad, just the fact that this is necessary.
Absolutely agree! We all know that us law abiding citizens will always request permission and follow the laws, this and so many other gun laws ONLY penalize people who are law abiding. I know I'm just beating a dead horse, send me out to the pasture. I am however; excited to get back Colonel Joly's response, and can only hope they grant me permission. I feel naked without my carry when I go to Lake Allatoona.

CORPS letters may be a thing of the past. Proposed rule change.

Per Gary Slider at handgunlaw.us

Posted yesterday 4/13/2020

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is proposing changing the rules for carrying legal firearms on their property. Here is a little of what they want to change and there is more info at the link below.

Specifically, the proposed revision would remove the requirement that an individual obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on a Corps project, which is a requirement except when the possession occurs for certain authorized recreation purposes. In doing so, the revised regulation would permit an individual to possess a weapon and associated ammunition when the possession both complies with the Federal, state, and local law where the project is located, and the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the weapon. This change would reduce the burden on the public by eliminating the requirement to obtain written permission before possessing a weapon, but it would not change the fact that individuals already may, at present, possess weapons on Corps projects if they receive appropriate permission.

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=COE-2018-0008

Action
Proposed rule.

Summary
The Department of the Army, through the United States Army Corps of Engineers (“Corps”), is soliciting comments on its proposed revision of its regulation that governs the possession and transportation of firearms and other weapons at Corps water resources development projects (“projects”). This proposed revision would align the Corps regulation with the regulations of the other Federal land management agencies by removing the need for an individual to obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on Corps projects.

Dates
Written comments must be submitted on or before June 12, 2020.

CORPS letters may be a thing of the past. Proposed rule change.

Per Gary Slider at handgunlaw.us

Posted yesterday 4/13/2020

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is proposing changing the rules for carrying legal firearms on their property. Here is a little of what they want to change and there is more info at the link below.

Specifically, the proposed revision would remove the requirement that an individual obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on a Corps project, which is a requirement except when the possession occurs for certain authorized recreation purposes. In doing so, the revised regulation would permit an individual to possess a weapon and associated ammunition when the possession both complies with the Federal, state, and local law where the project is located, and the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the weapon. This change would reduce the burden on the public by eliminating the requirement to obtain written permission before possessing a weapon, but it would not change the fact that individuals already may, at present, possess weapons on Corps projects if they receive appropriate permission.

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=COE-2018-0008

Action
Proposed rule.

Summary
The Department of the Army, through the United States Army Corps of Engineers (“Corps”), is soliciting comments on its proposed revision of its regulation that governs the possession and transportation of firearms and other weapons at Corps water resources development projects (“projects”). This proposed revision would align the Corps regulation with the regulations of the other Federal land management agencies by removing the need for an individual to obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on Corps projects.

Dates
Written comments must be submitted on or before June 12, 2020.
whoever is in charge of the decisions on their part are some dicks for it taking this long

gee, you think if you have a carry permit and can be there otherwise whats the ****ing issue? douchers

Back
Top Bottom