• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GCO Sues Corps of Engineers Over Right to Carry On Corps Property

How to get permission:

Send the District HQ of the ASACE a letter requesting written permission to carry a loaded concealed firearm. Cite the authority for the District Commander giving such permission: 36 C.F.R., section 327.13(a)(4).
Give the Corps copies of the front and back sides of your Georgia Weapons Carry License.

For the lakes from Lanier westward, the Mobile District is the right one to write.
The District Commander is Col. James A. DeLapp, and the address is PO Box 2288, Mobile, AL 36628-0001.

I
How to get permission:

Send the District HQ of the ASACE a letter requesting written permission to carry a loaded concealed firearm. Cite the authority for the District Commander giving such permission: 36 C.F.R., section 327.13(a)(4).
Give the Corps copies of the front and back sides of your Georgia Weapons Carry License.

For the lakes from Lanier westward, the Mobile District is the right one to write.
The District Commander is Col. James A. DeLapp, and the address is PO Box 2288, Mobile, AL 36628-0001.

It would be great if there was a form letter that has been used and worked that all we needed to do was input our personal info.

How to get permission:

Thank you.

How to get permission:

Yes thank you

How to get permission:

Thanks for the info.

Please notice the change of command as of June 2018:

COL Sebastien P. Joly
Commander and District Engineer
P.O. Box 2288
Mobile, Alabama 36628-0001

I'm sending a letter tomorrow, so I can't provide a known, working model letter at this time.

Good luck.

Does anyone have a letter that has worked that they can share as a template?
COL Sebastien P. Joly
District Commander
PO Box 2288
Mobile, Al 36628-0001

Hello, I am requesting to be granted written permission to carry a loaded concealed firearm on COE property. I spend considerable time at Lake Lanier both, on the water and walking in the woods. I have researched the matter, and have found that I may be granted permission per 36 C.F.R., section 327.13(a)(4).

I have attached a copy of my GWCL which I have maintained in good standing for over 10 years. I have also included a copy of my driver’s license indicating my current address.

I appreciate your consideration and attention to this matter. Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom