• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GCO Sues Corps of Engineers Over Right to Carry On Corps Property

I'm carrying right now, in my boat, on the lake.
I was armed when I walked into the woods to pee.
I will be armed when I get back to my vehicle at dusk.
I'm happy about that.

(I'm not so happy about my handgun getting wet from waves and spray, but "oh, well.")

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 35
just my opinion if u can carry on USFS lands and WMAS with a permit and your not allowed to carry own Army corps land think they will win this case.

Per John Monroe -

Path Cleared for Corps Decision to Be Vacated
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit has cleared the way for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia to vacate its earlier judgment against GCO in the case against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. GCO had brought the case to force the Corps to grant permission to GCO members to carry loaded firearms on Corps property. The district court ruled in favor of the Corps and against GCO. While an appeal was pending, the Corps began issuing permission, effectively mooting the case. The Court of Appeals issued an order to remand the case to the district court for the purpose of allowing the district court to vacate its ruling against GCO. Once the judgment is vacated, there will be no adverse ruling against GCO, and GCO will be free to reinstate the case if the Corps ever stops issuing permission to GWL holders.

Documents can be found at the link - http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/2018/07/02/path-cleared-for-corps-decision-to-be-vacated/

So now we have to write a letter seeking permission, along with a copy of our permission slip, to be granted access to PUBLICLY owned lands to exercise the only right that states "shall not be infringed" and hope it is bestowed from on high? Do I have that correct?
How is a heart supposed to handle so much freedom?
We did this. The government didn’t just up and take away our rights one day without our consent. We decided it would be ok if we let them ban felons from owning guns. Then we decided a little background check would be ok, cause if you don’t have anything to hide, what’s the harm? Start a thread on here about whether or not a felon who has done his time and is free should own a gun. Start a thread asking if there should be background checks to buy guns. Start a discussion about whether you should have to have a permit to carry a gun. Start a poll here about whether “mentally ill” people should be able to own guns. I’ve seen all these arguments on here over the years and the one thing I’ve learned is that there aren’t as many true 2A supporters among us as you might think.

THis what happens when u have to many lawyers in profession that is over ran with them Kinda Like Bill Clinton depends on what the defination of what is IS crazy trying generate billing hours %%$$

Back
Top Bottom