• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GCO Sues Corps of Engineers Over Right to Carry On Corps Property

So it appears a Trump administration instead of being a bitch ass bill of rights hating government tool is actually trying to rescind the Corp of Engineers "infringement".

Good!

DENVER, CO. An Idaho woman who is barred from carrying a functional firearm for self-defense when she visits vast federal recreational facilities today learned of the Trump administration’s intention to codify her victory before an Idaho federal district court, which ruled the federal government agency’s ban on firearms violates the Second Amendment, at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Elizabeth E. Nesbitt of Nez Perce County is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, regularly carries a concealed weapon, and often seeks to recreate on lands managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Because Corps of Engineers regulations ban functional firearms, even while camped in tents, Ms. Nesbitt is subject to criminal prosecution if she attempts to exercise her Second Amendment rights.

GA Carry and Second Amendment Foundation are the two unsung heros of the huge improvement in gun laws bother here and nationally since the '80s.

I try to send them both a check every few months, even if it's not that big sometimes.

I let my membership expires when they refused to back (and actually fought apparently) the elimination of the GWL (I'll stop short of calling it Constitutional Carry). This is effort well spent on their part.
If I feel my life could be in danger somewhere, I either don't go (option A), or I go armed. Simple as that.

Seems a little misguided to not support the local statewide Gun Rights organization that is responsible for all of the pro gun legislation since 2007. We went from about the 43rd worst carry state to arguably the 4th best carry state since GCO began. HB89, SB308, HB60 and others. We have pretty good carry/possession laws in GA bc of them. Hell......the NRA finally started helping us a couple years ago too. They are effective. No one else is in GA.

I can't speak for the GCO Board, but I have spoken to a lot of them about issues like this. GCO wants the GWCL to go away, but feels passing Permitless Carry legislation would be detrimental to fighting for and removing the rest of the "Off Limits Places" still in the GA Code.

GCO fights the battles that they think they can win under the Gold Dome, and the legislative leadership has reiterated time and time again that Permitless Carry is a no go at the capitol. So, GCO is not going to waste any of it's political power trying to get Permitless Carry passed in GA right now bc we know it's DOA. But not fighting for it does not mean GCO is fighting against it. GCO has publicly agreed with Permitless Carry, and is for it.............but will let NAGR/GGO get it passed.

If we pass permitless carry how do we get?

1. Church Carry
2. Carry in all Govt Buildings including Courthouses up to the entrance of a courtroom.
3. Carry on and at all State Publicly Owned Property and Land even when the Govt leases that property to a Private Entity. (Macon Cherry Blossom Festival, North GA Air Show are examples)
4. Carry at and inside K-12 schools (currently only in vehicles)

Back
Top Bottom