• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gauging Interest: Recreational Lease in Carroll County

What do you think is a fair daily rate for an exclusive recreational lease of 20 - 30 acres?

• Under $25

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • $25 to $50

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • $51 to $100

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • $101 to $150

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Over $150

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is a bad idea

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
I would never, ever, pay a fee to hunt property with unknown pressure or activity the day/week/month before I hunted there. Nor could I imagine any hunter. The exception would be specifically managed hunting operations in places like Texas where pressure is VERY closely monitored and controlled.

I own over 20 acres of wooded land in Carroll County (zoned agricultural), a few miles from the Douglas County line, roughly 25 minutes from Douglasville and under 20 minutes from Newnan. I don't hunt but I've seen plenty of deer, which are attracted to the creek which cuts through the property. I currently use the property recreationally (target shooting up to 200 yards, camping, etc).

I'm interested in leasing out the land to hunters or anyone else who wants to enjoy the land recreationally, perhaps with a daily or weekly rate. The land, when leased, would be enjoyed exclusively by the leasee. I think some folks would prefer this exclusivity and the flexibility of a la carte booking over a traditional hunting club.

Would this be something that people are interested in? What would be a fair daily rate for this sort of thing? I welcome all feedback.
Given your specifics, my advice would be to find one or two individuals that will cover your property taxes for the year in exchange for hunting rights but tell them you still intend to use the property. Even then, unless you'd refrain from disruptive activities during hunting season, not sure why anyone would lease property that small if they are subject to the land owner target practicing while they are trying to hunt. I could be wrong. All sorts of people are up for all sorts of things. :noidea:

Given your specifics, my advice would be to find one or two individuals that will cover your property taxes for the year in exchange for hunting rights but tell them you still intend to use the property. Even then, unless you'd refrain from disruptive activities during hunting season, not sure why anyone would lease property that small if they are subject to the land owner target practicing while they are trying to hunt. I could be wrong. All sorts of people are up for all sorts of things. :noidea:

Sound advice

I would never, ever, pay a fee to hunt property with unknown pressure or activity the day/week/month before I hunted there. Nor could I imagine any hunter. The exception would be specifically managed hunting operations in places like Texas where pressure is VERY closely monitored and controlled.

Well said!

I own over 20 acres of wooded land in Carroll County (zoned agricultural), a few miles from the Douglas County line, roughly 25 minutes from Douglasville and under 20 minutes from Newnan. I don't hunt but I've seen plenty of deer, which are attracted to the creek which cuts through the property. I currently use the property recreationally (target shooting up to 200 yards, camping, etc).

I'm interested in leasing out the land to hunters or anyone else who wants to enjoy the land recreationally, perhaps with a daily or weekly rate. The land, when leased, would be enjoyed exclusively by the leasee. I think some folks would prefer this exclusivity and the flexibility of a la carte booking over a traditional hunting club.

Would this be something that people are interested in? What would be a fair daily rate for this sort of thing? I welcome all feedback.
Am interested if still available please shoot me a text 678 9234671. Thank you sir.

I think you would be much better to lease it out to a couple of people for hunting with a yearly lease. They’ll take much better care of your property when they know that they’re returning.

Back
Top Bottom