• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas Line Repair

JEB770

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
Anyone out there in ODT Land do gas line repairs? I have what appears to be a simple repair, but I don't know nothing about gas lines. It's located outside, underground small leak. I have dug out the area around it. Locate in Dunwoody near the country club. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

John

Anyone out there in ODT Land do gas line repairs? I have what appears to be a simple repair, but I don't know nothing about gas lines. It's located outside, underground small leak. I have dug out the area around it. Locate in Dunwoody near the country club. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

John
Is this black pipe? Or What?

Black pipe is easy. Turn off the gas, tear it up. Remove and replace. Turn the gas back on.

Mischief managed.

Thanks for all the suggestions. However, I have neither the tools nor the mechanical ability to tackle this project myself. It is a galvanized pipe about 6 inches below the surface. There is a T junction coming off that pipe from a long forgotten gas grill I reckon. The vertical pipe is leaking. Need help!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions. However, I have neither the tools nor the mechanical ability to tackle this project myself. It is a galvanized pipe about 6 inches below the surface. There is a T junction coming off that pipe from a long forgotten gas grill I reckon. The vertical pipe is leaking. Need help!!!
What city are you in?

realistically you would only need a hacksaw, a pipe wrench, and a new plug.

and maybe a shovel

Back
Top Bottom