• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gardeners beware of Aminopyralid!

This stuff is used so commonly that it could come from about anywhere. The only manure that I would feel safe using would be from a barn that feeds ONLY alfalfa. Thought I had contaminated my soil with this last year but now believe it was other factors. One variety of tomato was curling, others grown in the same soil did not. Hope you are able to get this out of your soil. Is fine distributed on a lawn. They say corn grows well in it but I wouldn’t want to knowingly eat it.
It’s amazing how many chemicals are out there and the long term effects they are creating yet it’s pretty much kept quiet unless it directly impacts you or someone you know.

It’s amazing how many chemicals are out there and the long term effects they are creating yet it’s pretty much kept quiet unless it directly impacts you or someone you know.
They probably impact us all to a degree. Round up ready corn and soy beans are the farm industry standard because they can tolerate the herbicide application during the growth stage. Even if you grow your own stuff, most of us buy some soil, at the very least potting soil if you start your own seeds. Who knows what’s in there?

They probably impact us all to a degree. Round up ready corn and soy beans are the farm industry standard because they can tolerate the herbicide application during the growth stage. Even if you grow your own stuff, most of us buy some soil, at the very least potting soil if you start your own seeds. Who knows what’s in there?

There is a massive plant that makes and distributes most of the bagged soils you find in the garden centers right up the road from me.. They do not screen what goes into the bags. And, guess where all the cow manure from the sale barn right next door goes.

Funny, I was just reading an article about Grazon in one of the Backwoods Home anthologies. It's one of the ones that makes you wonder how it ever got approved. I mean talk about damaging and persistent.

From what they were saying you can't even burn the exposed (infected?) hay since it won't break down and the ashes will still poison things. Kind of like a herbicide zombie that can't be killed.

Funny, I was just reading an article about Grazon in one of the Backwoods Home anthologies. It's one of the ones that makes you wonder how it ever got approved. I mean talk about damaging and persistent.

From what they were saying you can't even burn the exposed (infected?) hay since it won't break down and the ashes will still poison things. Kind of like a herbicide zombie that can't be killed.

It works really well for the intended purpose. It works even better if you use more than the recommended amoumt/acre, but that would violate the law.

Resized_20200317_183149.jpg

Well, I guess this was just a big old pile of steaming waste of time and energy then... :doh:

Back
Top Bottom