• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gaming Computers/Work Stations

Eric1004

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
10   0
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Has anyone built their own computer before? Whether it be for gaming or a work station? I've recently gotten into the hobby and was wondering if anyone else enjoyed it as well!

I'll start off by describing my build, and I'd love to hear anyone else's!

I went with a ryzen 5 3600, a strix rog 450 mb, 2070 super gpu from msi, 16 gigs of 3200 mhz ram, and an nvme to boot windows and then a standard ssd for my games.

Thermaltake level 20 case but I'm thinking about scrapping that and getting something with a little better airflow

I have, and it's definitely an enjoyable hobby! But be careful, because like any hobby, one can go completely overboard and blow their budget. I've done a few nice gaming and multimedia builds for myself and friends.

i do but its been a long ass time since i built mine lol. around from memory its got an i7 6700k, 32gigs of ram, 3 solid states, r9 fury x video card, cant even remember the exact mother board in it. i need to build a new one at some point but i'll only do it when this thing finally goes obsolete.

I would love to load autocad/civil 3d on my gaming computer and see how it runs. The workstation I have at the office isn't as nice as my home computer so I'm thinking it'll run fairly well

I'll start off by describing my build, and I'd love to hear anyone else's!

I went with a ryzen 5 3600, a strix rog 450 mb, 2070 super gpu from msi, 16 gigs of 3200 mhz ram, and an nvme to boot windows and then a standard ssd for my games.

Thermaltake level 20 case but I'm thinking about scrapping that and getting something with a little better airflow

Very nice setup. Between black Friday and Christmas sales, I built a ryzen 7 2700x on an MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with Crucial Ballistix ram and an MSI RTX 2080 (that last part wasn't planned but was on closeout at Micro Center). Still waiting to transfer it into an old Corsair Obsidian 550D case that has my old i7-2600k from 2012 still alive and kicking.

Any new or potential builders within practical distance of Duluth or Marietta should take note of Micro Center. They're usually the place to beat when it comes to buying a CPU & motherboard combo as they'll give you a few bucks off when you buy them together and they'll pricematch most internet sellers.

Very nice setup. Between black Friday and Christmas sales, I built a ryzen 7 2700x on an MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with Crucial Ballistix ram and an MSI RTX 2080 (that last part wasn't planned but was on closeout at Micro Center). Still waiting to transfer it into an old Corsair Obsidian 550D case that has my old i7-2600k from 2012 still alive and kicking.

Any new or potential builders within practical distance of Duluth or Marietta should take note of Micro Center. They're usually the place to beat when it comes to buying a CPU & motherboard combo as they'll give you a few bucks off when you buy them together and they'll pricematch most internet sellers.
Microcenter also matches prices.

Back
Top Bottom