• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga Gun Store Won't Sell to Flippers

We had an issue with people ordering 6 of the same gun as soon as it came in stock. Lots of people looking for the hard to get stuff and we want them to have a chance at getting it.

Dude, keep doing what you are doing. You guys have kept your prices pretty level through all of this crap and folks like me that are regulars, appreciate it and promote you all the time. You don't have to explain or apologize to anyone, you are doing the right things by your customers.

I was annoyed at the dropping of debit cards, but you reversed that a week later so I am happy as a clam again. :-)

Hell there are people that have been on here for years celling S&W for profit,big money,what's the difference?
Cause it's S&W! People collect S&W. They FLIP Glocks because, let's face reality, they're not really worth collecting anyways.

I agree with most of what you said GeauxLSU. But the premise of this post was that the store would not sell to "flippers". No mention of customers trying to buy multiples of the same gun, no mention of online multiple orders, just that the store would not sell to "flippers". I stand by what I said, if a person comes into the store to buy A gun, whether he intends on flipping it or not, if he meet the requirement of the store ie, valid license, or pass a background check, and have the ability to purchase, the store will sell them a gun. The OP was very happy with the store not selling to "flippers". I say to you or anyone, how would they know if the purchaser of that gun was a flipper or not? Marketing ploy by the store to keep their items in stock. I don't have a problem with limiting the number of the same gun purchases. Heck, I bought ammo the other day and all I could buy was two boxes, no issue. But OP did not mention anything about multiple purchases, just "flippers". If you read my post I capitalized "A" gun. To think the store would not sell A gun to someone, "flipper" or not is silly. It is a retail store. The stay in business by selling guns an ammo.

My comment to the store is do what you feel you need to do. There is a straw purchase law as well as an intent to sell law. If there is a law broken, you are not the policing agency. You are not the ATF. In order to prosecute, the ATF would need proof. Again, your store, do what you want. I don't mind at all.
As you say, there's an intent to sell law. If a gun store (any gun store) knowingly sells to a "flipper" (buying with intent to sell), they can get in trouble. If you go in saying "I'm a flipper" they shouldn't be selling to you, sign or no.
If they don't know you're a flipper, the sign doesn't apply.
If they don't want to sell to you, for whatever reason or for no reason, they have that right.
So, what meaning does this sign have? And why does it cause such butthurt?

Lol people are lined up at the door before they open, they won't have an issue keeping the lights on.

Exactly. They have one of the best selections in the region, and are largely still at pre covid prices. There will be no shortage of business for them because a few ODT flippers got politely told to pound sand... lol

Exactly. They have one of the best selections in the region, and are largely still at pre covid prices. There will be no shortage of business for them because a few ODT flippers got politely told to pound sand... lol
My only complaint about GGS is how they always have something I need lol.

Back
Top Bottom