• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga Gun Store Won't Sell to Flippers

The position that GGS takes is that it not legal for a buyer of one of their Guns to resale it to another person.
No, the position I am taking is the same as the AFT; you can not buy a gun with the intent to sell it. You also can not buy one on someones behalf. If you buy a gun and want to sell it down the road, you can.

No, the position I am taking is the same as the AFT; you can not buy a gun with the intent to sell it. You also can not buy one on someones behalf. If you buy a gun and want to sell it down the road, you can.

My position is you have one of my favorite stores in the area and I will continue to make several trips a week to your store just to see what you have that I can't live without.

I'd have the same policy if I was in the gun business right now. Matter of fact, I do have the same policy and I'm not in the business.
GGS is the only store I know of that still has pre crazy prices and stock! They aren't a distributor. They are a retailer, trying to supply their RETAIL customers with product at currently unmatched prices.
Of course they can't "prove" what people do with guns they buy from them. To belittle any perceived weakness in their strategy instead of applauding them on their intent, is simply either looking to argue for the sake of argument, or yeah, possibly someone that this policy hurts.

I agree with most of what you said GeauxLSU. But the premise of this post was that the store would not sell to "flippers". No mention of customers trying to buy multiples of the same gun, no mention of online multiple orders, just that the store would not sell to "flippers". I stand by what I said, if a person comes into the store to buy A gun, whether he intends on flipping it or not, if he meet the requirement of the store ie, valid license, or pass a background check, and have the ability to purchase, the store will sell them a gun. The OP was very happy with the store not selling to "flippers". I say to you or anyone, how would they know if the purchaser of that gun was a flipper or not? Marketing ploy by the store to keep their items in stock. I don't have a problem with limiting the number of the same gun purchases. Heck, I bought ammo the other day and all I could buy was two boxes, no issue. But OP did not mention anything about multiple purchases, just "flippers". If you read my post I capitalized "A" gun. To think the store would not sell A gun to someone, "flipper" or not is silly. It is a retail store. The stay in business by selling guns an ammo.

My comment to the store is do what you feel you need to do. There is a straw purchase law as well as an intent to sell law. If there is a law broken, you are not the policing agency. You are not the ATF. In order to prosecute, the ATF would need proof. Again, your store, do what you want. I don't mind at all.

I agree with most of what you said GeauxLSU. But the premise of this post was that the store would not sell to "flippers". No mention of customers trying to buy multiples of the same gun, no mention of online multiple orders, just that the store would not sell to "flippers". I stand by what I said, if a person comes into the store to buy A gun, whether he intends on flipping it or not, if he meet the requirement of the store ie, valid license, or pass a background check, and have the ability to purchase, the store will sell them a gun. The OP was very happy with the store not selling to "flippers". I say to you or anyone, how would they know if the purchaser of that gun was a flipper or not? Marketing ploy by the store to keep their items in stock. I don't have a problem with limiting the number of the same gun purchases. Heck, I bought ammo the other day and all I could buy was two boxes, no issue. But OP did not mention anything about multiple purchases, just "flippers". If you read my post I capitalized "A" gun. To think the store would not sell A gun to someone, "flipper" or not is silly. It is a retail store. The stay in business by selling guns an ammo.

My comment to the store is do what you feel you need to do. There is a straw purchase law as well as an intent to sell law. If there is a law broken, you are not the policing agency. You are not the ATF. In order to prosecute, the ATF would need proof. Again, your store, do what you want. I don't mind at all.
I understand but there's the 'untold story'. PM coming.

You probably missed it in the comments, Georgia Gun Store clarified in the comments that they were not selling multiples of one model to online buyers off their website. They have a business to protect. In today’s environment their decision is simple prudence.

You probably missed it in the comments, Georgia Gun Store clarified in the comments that they were not selling multiples of one model to online buyers off their website. They have a business to protect. In today’s environment their decision is simple prudence.
You are correct Wheeler, I did not read the gun store comments. My comments were directed to the OP and what he said, not what the gun store stated. OP did not mention multiple gun sales, or multiple online purchases. The gun store is doing what they can. Other stores limit buying ammo to one box, sometimes two. I have no problem with that at all.

We aren't doing this in the store, just online where we have no communication with the person. Buying a gun to resell isn't legal and we have to be careful about that because it's our business.

We had an issue with people ordering 6 of the same gun as soon as it came in stock. Lots of people looking for the hard to get stuff and we want them to have a chance at getting it.

also i have known GA gun store to not sell single guns to individuals that were on here that had a habit of buying form them and re posting on here. they did find who it was and did stop selling them firearms.

When you make a thread about a gun store and they leave a comment.
detective-pikachu-1143986-1280x0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom