• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA covid unemployment benefits?

It did end. I still pay my employees if they are out and I didn't bother researching the info. I should have because I was eligible for some tax breaks if I had recorded it correctly.
It's difficult because I know people that have abused the policy by claiming they were exposed (of course it's basically impossible to prove), but at the same time with the current policy that mine and like OP's situation where you are forced to use your vacation and sick leave it really discourages anyone from saying anything and thus possibly exposing people unnecessarily. I don't have a good solution, but I could see a company getting extra tax breaks based on how much covid quarantine pay they have had to pay out could be a possible solution. It's definitely one of the things that should be interesting to see how the current administration handles right off the bat.

It's difficult because I know people that have abused the policy by claiming they were exposed (of course it's basically impossible to prove), but at the same time with the current policy that mine and like OP's situation where you are forced to use your vacation and sick leave it really discourages anyone from saying anything and thus possibly exposing people unnecessarily. I don't have a good solution, but I could see a company getting extra tax breaks based on how much covid quarantine pay they have had to pay out could be a possible solution. It's definitely one of the things that should be interesting to see how the current administration handles right off the bat.
I have a small staff so I can keep a close eye on it. People that are dishonest don't last long in my business. They get found out and leave pretty quickly. :) I am the only one of mine that has actually had it. LOL Damn weddings.

This took me literally 20 seconds to find out. It still amazes me that people have a freaking super computer and the entire world of knowledge at their fingertips and all they use it for is posting memes on Facebook View attachment 3052395
facebook memes.jpg
:)

The company I work for gives you 4 days off with pay if you are "exposed", and a additional 10 days paid if you come back positive. That is 14 days total paid time off in addition to our 6 paid sick days per year. Some people abuse the 4 days and don't care if they are at home without pay. The company I work for requires proof of a test if you use the Covid excuse.

Exposed or not ( who knows who has what), unless I am showing symptoms, my butt is going to work. My family and I like to eat and have things and that requires work.

Back
Top Bottom