• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA covid unemployment benefits?

roundhouse

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
16   0
Reaction score
Have a comment about Covid unemployment benefits.

my friend was in semi close contact over the weekend with someone who tested positive .
She normally works night shift on Monday night , with a partner, her job requires two people.

she had a rapid test scheduled for noon Monday and would have the results back before shift start time,

She called her employer to advise them just in case it came back positive that they would need to fill the position with a substitute , they said “company policy is , if you’re exposed or potently exposed, you’re off for two weeks , you can use your two weeks vacation if you want, otherwise you won’t get paid”

She inquired with the employer about the weekly Covid minimum , which they have received previously when they had no work, and was told that the $575 per week applies only if you were available for work, and since she she wasn’t available for work, due to having stay home for two weeks because she was possibly exposed to Covid, she wasn’t eligible to get the $575.

This seems like a great strategy to encourage your employees to not tell anyone at work that they’ve possibly been exposed .

my employers policy is that if you’re potentially exposed , you’re off for two weeks , with pay, and they will try to find something you can do from home, but if you’re position isn’t possible to work from home, you still get paid for keeping your potential germs away from all the other employees.

so if you work for a company with a friendly Covid exposure policy , be sure to thank them. Evidently a lot of people work for companies with horrible and stupid Covid policies.

I’m sure soon as the word get around at this employer that if you admit to being potentially exposed to protect your co workers, you get punished by two weeks off with no pay, no one is going to ever again mention being potentially exposed.

Have a comment about Covid unemployment benefits.

my friend was in semi close contact over the weekend with someone who tested positive .
She normally works night shift on Monday night , with a partner, her job requires two people.

she had a rapid test scheduled for noon Monday and would have the results back before shift start time,

She called her employer to advise them just in case it came back positive that they would need to fill the position with a substitute , they said “company policy is , if you’re exposed or potently exposed, you’re off for two weeks , you can use your two weeks vacation if you want, otherwise you won’t get paid”

She inquired with the employer about the weekly Covid minimum , which they have received previously when they had no work, and was told that the $575 per week applies only if you were available for work, and since she she wasn’t available for work, due to having stay home for two weeks because she was possibly exposed to Covid, she wasn’t eligible to get the $575.

This seems like a great strategy to encourage your employees to not tell anyone at work that they’ve possibly been exposed .

my employers policy is that if you’re potentially exposed , you’re off for two weeks , with pay, and they will try to find something you can do from home, but if you’re position isn’t possible to work from home, you still get paid for keeping your potential germs away from all the other employees.

so if you work for a company with a friendly Covid exposure policy , be sure to thank them. Evidently a lot of people work for companies with horrible and stupid Covid policies.

I’m sure soon as the word get around at this employer that if you admit to being potentially exposed to protect your co workers, you get punished by two weeks off with no pay, no one is going to ever again mention being potentially exposed.
I have no useful info on Covid policy, but you should wait 5-7 days to be tested after exposure (per CDC). Takes that long before your body produces antibodies and tests become accurate.

Cousin's wife was exposed. Got tested as soon as possible (3 days later) and came back negative. Two days after that, she came down with Covid. Most contagious timeframe is 2 days before symptoms appear until 7 days after they appear.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

My company is required to pay you if you are a close contact or positive. My girlfriends major company also. She was told by Hr that it’s a federal mandate. Obviously the abuse factor would go through the roof if everyone knew that or if it was true. A quick google search might help

This took me literally 20 seconds to find out. It still amazes me that people have a freaking super computer and the entire world of knowledge at their fingertips and all they use it for is posting memes on Facebook
343C358B-61AF-4CCD-BA2E-83A54E4AA9C4.png

Back
Top Bottom