Future classics

No. What they dont want to see is a flipper make $10 K in a week
Most buyers don't want the car to fix up. They just want to flip it for a fat profit by getting it cheap from someone who doesn't know it's gone way up in value in the last few years

Or worse
I sold a classic car a couple years ago
A 66 thunderbird landau
Found out later the guy I sold it to ripped the engine out and crushed the rest

If I had known that's what he was gonna do I would have never sold it to him
Or anyone else. Wish I had just parked it and let it rot

most people are watching too much discovery channel if they think
flippers(or the guy knocking on your door or stopping by your yard-
sale) is making that kind of money.

Reactions: MRM
It would have to have a complete straight body with little rust and a desirable engine and trans to make any money.
The money being made is selling aftermarket parts.

IMG_0881.JPG
63 1/2

most people are watching too much discovery channel if they think
flippers(or the guy knocking on your door or stopping by your yard-
sale) is making that kind of money.
In my experience with the old stuff I would say that the only people really making money on the old cars are the auction companies. Flipping old cars trucks and muscle cars is very tricky and risky. I would much rather stick to buying and selling daily drivers and trucks. And if I'm ever in the position to buy a classic ride I will buy one already done as long as it's done right. I say that because trying to restore ANY old vehicle will break the bank in a hurry.

there are alot of people around here that would rather see their
car/truck/motorcycle rot outside in the weather than go to a
good home

Yep. When I was 16 I tried multiple times to buy a 66 Mustang from a guy. The engine was blown at that time it could have been a driver with a new engine. I got the standard "nah, I'm gonna fix it one day". It is still sitting in his back yard. I just tuned 50! I bet it would crumble if you tried to put it on a rollback.

Yep. When I was 16 I tried multiple times to buy a 66 Mustang from a guy. The engine was blown at that time it could have been a driver with a new engine. I got the standard "nah, I'm gonna fix it one day". It is still sitting in his back yard. I just tuned 50! I bet it would crumble if you tried to put it on a rollback.
When I was a teenager there was an Airman in the neighborhood with a late 70s Alfa Romeo Spider in beautiful blue. It had electrîcal problems that I'm sure I couldn't afford to fix. But I tried to buy it more than once and he wouldn't part with it. About a year later I was cutting my grandmother's grass and saw a rollback go by from Bob's Auto Salvage in Byron with the Spider on the bed.
Oh I forgot I liked all the oddball cars in my teens like Alfa,Fiat, Triumph etc. Oh and Cadillacs. I loved Eldorados and Coupe De Villes.

Back
Top Bottom