• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FT Trade my kayak for your canoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayback

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/ft-trade-my-kayak-for-your-canoe.2347564/
Item Name: FT Trade my kayak for your canoe

Zip Code: 30101

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Canoe only, and nothing else (see description below for specifics).

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Looking for a straight-up (with no money added from me) trade of my kayak for your canoe.

I have a Wilderness Tsunami 145 kayak (14'-6") that is an outstanding boat, but I don't use it very often. I would rather have a canoe, that I could take on overnight trips where I carry all of my gear in the boat (like I do with the Tsunami), but also run whitewater with it (like I cannot do with the Tsunami). It is a fast, stable, seaworthy touring/sea kayak, with lots of interior storage fore and aft.

Included:

Carlisle Magic Plus 2-piece paddle.

Small home-made cart.

Seals splash deck cockpit cover. Keeps splashes out of paddler's lap, but not sealed for rolling. Has a pouch for small gear.

Home-made stern light so it can be legally paddled at night.

Malone J-Pro2 j-style roof rack carrier. Attached to spreader bar that I made to fit my 4Runner, but can be attached to most any other roof racks. See bottom picture.

My boat is in excellent condition, with only very minor wear marks. I have more pictures that I could send an interested trader.

The canoe I trade for has a few rigid requirements:

1) Made of Royalex or something similar (not just simple 1-ply plastic).

2) 11'-15' long, capable of being handled solo (loaded on roof rack, carried and paddled). Weighing not more than 50 lb.

3) Real name brand from an established maker, such as Mohawk, Mad River, Old Town, Dagger, Whitesell, Blue Hole, etc.
- Nothing made by Coleman or Pelican. Nothing that came from a big box store like Walmart, Academy, Dick's, Cabela's or Bass Pro.

4) Must be capable of running class II-III whitewater, and not one of those canoes made only for fishing. What is known as a "solo whitewater canoe" is perfectly acceptable - such as a Mohawk Probe, Viper, XL-13, Dagger Impulse or Encore, etc. What I want the most is something like a Mohawk Solo 13 or 14, as I previously had one of those, and loved it.

I know good canoes are nearly extinct, but I'm hoping someone has an older good one that doesn't see much use, and that person wants a good kayak instead.

If you have such a canoe and might want to trade, then please PM me with some details about it. I have many more pictures that I could send.

Sorry, but not willing to drive more than 30 miles for a trade, and I will not reply to PM's asking me if I will sell this.

Pictures:
20180221_174650-jpg.2890313

20180223_163242-jpg.2890316

20180221_174854-jpg.2890319

20180221_174921-jpg.2890320

malone-jpg.2890321

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom