• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FT Needing Some Tractor Input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kioti has a good reputation.

I have an LS ME225 with loader and backhoe. Bought it new in 2019, have about 120 hours on it so far, and it's an outstanding machine. Use it for logging, digging, landscaping, towing. LS is South Korean. Their compact tractors are also branded as New Holland, with some minor feature differences.

I also have a Yanmar 2210, circa 1979, bought as a refurb in 2011. It's also been an excellent machine, although without a FEL and only 2WD, it has versatility limits. But it's old-tech cool. So simple to work on. I've had to put in a new water pump and solenoid, and unstick one brake shoe. That's the total extent of unscheduled maintenance over 10 years, on a machine built 40+ years ago. If I could go back to 2011, I would have bought a Yanmar 2610D (4WD) with FEL. A old Yanmar with the 4WD and powershift transmission is like an overbuilt swiss Army knife. You can tackle an amazing array of work with it.

If you are comfortable working on the machine yourself (basic maintenance, minor troubleshooting), dealer proximity is not a big deal. Trips back to the dealer are unusual for most tractor brands in casual service. Making your living as a farmer...different story.

img_20210327_144158768-1-jpg.692069

img_20210327_123117709-1-jpg.692068
Man, I like that rear bucket. Can you PM me some detailed pictures? Does that tow bar go all the way back to the tractor?

I bought a new Kubota L3130 4 wheel drive with a fel back in 2005 as a retirement present to myself. I added a backhoe, 8" wood chipper, etc. over the years and have never had a problem or been back to the dealer. Love it.
I bought me a King Ranch in 2018 for retirement. I kinda wish I had gone the tractor route now.

Kioti has a good reputation.

I have an LS ME225 with loader and backhoe. Bought it new in 2019, have about 120 hours on it so far, and it's an outstanding machine. Use it for logging, digging, landscaping, towing. LS is South Korean. Their compact tractors are also branded as New Holland, with some minor feature differences.

I also have a Yanmar 2210, circa 1979, bought as a refurb in 2011. It's also been an excellent machine, although without a FEL and only 2WD, it has versatility limits. But it's old-tech cool. So simple to work on. I've had to put in a new water pump and solenoid, and unstick one brake shoe. That's the total extent of unscheduled maintenance over 10 years, on a machine built 40+ years ago. If I could go back to 2011, I would have bought a Yanmar 2610D (4WD) with FEL. A old Yanmar with the 4WD and powershift transmission is like an overbuilt swiss Army knife. You can tackle an amazing array of work with it.

If you are comfortable working on the machine yourself (basic maintenance, minor troubleshooting), dealer proximity is not a big deal. Trips back to the dealer are unusual for most tractor brands in casual service. Making your living as a farmer...different story.

img_20210327_144158768-1-jpg.692069

img_20210327_123117709-1-jpg.692068

I really like your wood box setup!!

Man, I like that rear bucket. Can you PM me some detailed pictures? Does that tow bar go all the way back to the tractor?

Will send you some construction pics when I get back to my desk. It's built on the Country Line carry all. Lots of projects like it on Youtube. For a long time, before I turned it into a dedicated tool, I just used it with a pallet.

That tow receiver is only bolted to the last 2x10 board. If I had plans to tow more weight than the log splitter or a yard cart, I'd weld supports to the carry all frame and weld or bolt the receiver to the added structure. Can be done very easily, but I have no need for it.

Can you split your tractor in half?. Easy to replace a line or change the oils. Most people don't have the proper tools to do the big jobs.
Yes, I can. Lighten up man I was just busting balls. I know that most people don't work on their equipment or have the means to do so.
I do most everything I can myself because I couldn't afford to pay someone else to do it. Especially a dealership who wants a RIDICULOUS amount for a part that pales in comparison to the installation cost.
For instance, I needed a water pump replaced on my Branson. Dealership up here wanted $500and some change for the part alone then quoted me for what I guess was a week long job. I guess mechanics make more than lawyers now.
Anyway, I took the old waterpump and found the original manufacturer (German pump number) and got it for $150. Took me a little more than an hour to replace it. So I saved nearly $1700 on a waterpump job vs taking it to a dealership. A ****ing waterpump!!!
Sorry, that wasn't supposed to go on like that. I'm done, I feel better.
20210428_115823.jpg20210428_184359.jpg

Yes, I can. Lighten up man I was just busting balls. I know that most people don't work on their equipment or have the means to do so.
I do most everything I can myself because I couldn't afford to pay someone else to do it. Especially a dealership who wants a RIDICULOUS amount for a part that pales in comparison to the installation cost.
For instance, I needed a water pump replaced on my Branson. Dealership up here wanted $500and some change for the part alone then quoted me for what I guess was a week long job. I guess mechanics make more than lawyers now.
Anyway, I took the old waterpump and found the original manufacturer (German pump number) and got it for $150. Took me a little more than an hour to replace it. So I saved nearly $1700 on a waterpump job vs taking it to a dealership. A ****ing waterpump!!!
Sorry, that wasn't supposed to go on like that. I'm done, I feel better.
View attachment 3555444View attachment 3555454
I agree with this. personally I believe every man should be able to fix their own stuff, your right, why pay another man to do what you should be able to. Every time I do something on a vehicle or house I bring all the neighborhood boys down and make them put their hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom